Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 05:18 PM
    PFN LIst Corrupt Windows 7
    Hi I'm having a problem booting my PC after I changed the page file size.Don't remember what size I changed it to but I do know it was to large,I know it should be at least half the memory you have installed don't ask.Also I installed new mem sticks last week, replace 8gb crucial 6400 with 8gb G skill 8500 for performance boost. Started intermittent reboots 2-3 days later which is why I changed the page file, I know reboots are usually power suppl y faults but I just installed mem so I leaned towards that. What I want is to be able to reboot of course but if not able to reinstall win 7 without losing my files or having to move them over to my other drive or to delete the swap file so I can reboot.Power supply is an Antec 850 watt, PC specs;

Mainboard : Asus P5N-D
    Chipset : nVidia nForce 750i SLI SPP
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2666 MHz
    Physical Memory : 8192 MB (4 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Hard Disk : WDC (1000 GB)
    Hard Disk : WDC (1000 GB)
    Hard Disk : WDC (2000 GB)
    Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
    Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW
    DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30 SCSI CdRom Device
    Monitor Type : Acer AL2216W - 22 inches
    Monitor Type : Samsung SAMSUNG - 7 inches
    Network Card : NVIDIA nForcrce Networking Controller
    Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 07:00 PM
    How many memory sticks did you use to get to 8 gig? Also did you set any timing parameters when you installed the memory? Was it set to factory settings recommended by the maker?

If you added 4 / 2 gig sticks then try removing 2 and then replace the 2 with the ones you took out and see if there are stability problems.

Oct 8, 2012, 12:42 PM
    I had 4 2 gigs and same now I will try that tonight. Thanks for your quick reply.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 8, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Boot to safe mode and go from there.

Oct 9, 2012, 02:42 AM
    Thanks for your response but it won't boot to safe mode,locks up then BSOD,restarts,repeats tried safemode net support also repair nothing. Reinstalled the ram I replace still no luck. I pretty sure the page file is corrupted. If I try to fix boot with disc will I lose my files? Never done this with win 7 ,have done XP reinstall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All my ms word files became corrupt [ 1 Answers ]

They developed.dots.and.para.symbols.and.blank.squares. How to cure?

Windows os list [ 3 Answers ]

I am srinivas... I need info about windows o s list in versions still windows 7 and need one good website for getting full update information about networking( windows)

Windows failed to load because the HAL is missing or corrupt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, When I try to load windows XP to a Dell Optiplex 745 machine I get the following error: \windows\system32\halmacpi.dll Status: 0xc000098 Windows failed to load because the HAL is missing or corrupt I have tried different windows XP discs and same error.

View more questions Search