Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hilaryfortnum Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Wife thinks that she is the artist formerly (and currently) known as Prince
    My wife, Anne, is well into her fifties, works in a supermarket, and her previous interests include country walks, the music of the sixties and her grandchildren. Now, however, she has, all of a sudden, convinced herself that she is the artist formerly (and currently) known as Prince.

I really am at my wits end. How can I convince her that she didn't write "Purple Rain" and "Kiss"? It really is a matter of great concern for me. She walks round the house muttering to herself "that Batman record was a big big mistake".

Now she believes that she's playing a gig at the O2 Arena in London on Sunday and it clashes with a darts match I'm playing in, so I can't drive her down. What is a man to do?

Any ideas?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 09:49 AM

man, if you are serious....and i am not sure you are - you can't help her. She needs anti-schizophrenia therapy and meds only a psychiatrist can prescribe.

For now, just memorize purple rain and sing along with her to his office...

Prince is androgynous and ambiguously other things well - she may have deep-seeded identity issues...

ROCK ON (quickly)
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 12:06 PM
    If Hilary is a comedian, he is a well-dressed one.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I think this is his humour.

However, if you are serious, Hilary, buy your wife a wig, a guitar, and learn how to dance with the music. It will pass.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Prince is like 4'10" but he's going to whip Hil's A-- if he gets wind of this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Let her enjoy herself if she isn't hurting anyone.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 06:29 AM
    You might like to find something else for your wife to get interested in.

As others said if you are serious about your wife's condition then get to a doctor/psychiatrist.She needs help and she sounds like there is more to her than you knew/know.

And I am very sure when your wife gets back to normal she will be very confused as to why you are being obsessed with this Prince chap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s Cartoon Movie About water Prince And Fairy Princess [ 3 Answers ]

This has been bugging me for years. It's a movie about a prince of the ocean or water and he falls in love with a fairy princess. The prince can't be in direct sunlight and the princess can't touch the water or they will die. The fairy mother is giant sized and I believe wears red. He ends up dying...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Prince Harry will not serve in Iraq [ 18 Answers ]

Britain’s Prince Harry won’t serve in Iraq Ministry of Defense says deployment too dangerous for 3rd in line to throne. May 16: Army Chief of Staff Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt, Britain’s top general, says Prince Harry will not be sent with his unit to Iraq, citing specific threats to the third...

Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones Backup Disc [ 1 Answers ]

I have a backup disc for the PoP: The Two thrones and I cannot get it to run on my computer. It installs fine and I can enter a disc key but when it goes to check the disc, it takes fifteen minutes to do so and then it just says there's a problem with my disc. Can anyone suggest a site where I can...

View more questions Search