Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lab lover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Tall and skinny
    I have a 1.5 yr old fixed male black lab. He is only about 50lbs and his ribs show. I can't get him to gain weight. Hes been dewormed and to the vet for his checkups. My vet has not given me any answers to my question WHY can't MY LAB GAIN WEIGHT?! I was wondering if anyone out there has any feed back for me. This is very frustrating for me because he has a self feeder and can eat whenever he wants. Could it be the brand of dog food I am feeding him? :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 09:16 PM
    You might review the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 but it really doesn't address your problem. I tend to be skeptical about the real differences in dog chows especially as you go up price. One big difference is between the corn and the meat based products. You can carefully formulate a complete and balanced chow with corn as the main ingredient. Contrary to those selling more expensive chows, most dogs will thrive on it. They are a bad choice for the rare light eater that won't eat enough to keep its ribs from showing. Almost any of the meat based chows should help. If you are already feeding one, you might try something different. Go to Petco or Petsmart and read the labels and price tags. Pick something reasonable that is as different from what you are feeding now as you can find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be tall? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 1/2 years old and I'm 5'11. My dad is 6' and my mom is 5'7" and my bother is 6'2". I play basketball, so I want to be pretty tall, around 6'4" or 6'5"... does anyone think I might get that tall?. my doctor said I'll be tall, but he didn't say really how tall.

Taskbar too tall. [ 2 Answers ]

My Taskbar Has Become 3 Bars Tall. It Still Shows Start, But Also Icons From My Desktop. How Can I Shrink It Down To Normal Again? Thank You, Payson

My boyfriend was looking for someone tall and slim but [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months and we are getting along really well. There is just one thing that is really bothering me. Before we met my boyfriend was looking for someone tall and slim as he is 6ft 2 and slim himself. Im only 5ft 3 and have a normal body. (not over weight but not...

Tall and short? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 15... Im like 5'8-5'9... yet my boyfriends is like 5'6... he's older then me... by like two years... does that look funny to you? I mean, I wouldn't break up with him... just because I'm tall and he is short.. Its just weird. I've never gone out with a guy shorter then me. Does anybody think it...

Being tall [ 1 Answers ]

OK look I'm 15 right now and I'm 5'9. My father is 6'1 and my mother is 5'6. My one like weird goal in life is to be at least 6 foot something. I turned 5'9 like a year ago and all my friends are getting way taller than me. There parents aren't even as tall as mine. Ok look this is a weird...

View more questions Search