Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayziie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 11:15 AM
    What materials are attracted to magnet ?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2011, 11:23 AM

As to your own post 2 minutes before this one and the other posts in the thread you posted in, there is iron, cobalt, nickel, gadolinium, dysprosium, magnetite, yttrium and tungsten which I know of.

And like Capuchin said in that same thread, it depends on what kind of magnetism.
    Ali_Abdullah7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2011, 11:53 PM
    Only those substances are attracted to magnet which carries unpaired electrons in the orbital. Because spin motion of electron produces a magnetic field around it which then interacts with magnetic field on incoming magnet, and thus they attract each other.
    You can find the unpaired electron in element with use of Electronic configuration of electrons in sub shell and orbitals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three metals attracted to magnet [ 9 Answers ]

What are the three metals that are attracted to a magnet?? Please help!? ;D I know iron and nikle but what's the other one??

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

Why Magnet attracts and repulses ?

Electrical magnet [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to build a medium size but strong electric magnet,like the kind they use at a scrape metal yard.so please if anyone can give me the plans info on how to build it or know of a web site I can go to for the plans,it would be most helpful. THANKS

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

How many metals are attracted to magnets and what they are?

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

What is a magnet attracted to?

View more questions Search