Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davisa5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Bull Mastif / Staffordshire Bull Terrier Under Weight
    Hi, My dog is half Bull Mastiff and Staffordshire Bull Terrier and has a good appetite but it doesn't seem to matter much we feed him he still looks underweight, we've also had him wormed and the vets say that he is in very good shape and that the weight will come. He is 7 months and very big in height, as commented by all who see him but he does not have the weight. What can I do? Please can anyone help me!
    topgirl027 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Hi have you tried bread and gravy sounds daft but it works, my staffy was under weight and my dad told me to give it him and it worked it really did build him back up hope this helps :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by topgirl027 View Post
    hi have you tryed bread and gravy sounds daft but it works, my staffy was under weight and my dad told me to give it him and it worked it really did build him back up hope this helps :)
    Don't give your dog bread and gravy. It is not very healthy.
    Gravy contains too much salt and spices and bread is jut plain not good for them.

He is only 7 months old and shouldn't have a lot of weight on him at the moment while he is still growing.
    Imagine javing all your joints and bones growing but having constant weight pushed down on them from the dog being too heavy... it can do damage.

On a dog you should be able to easily feel the last few ribs and when they run you should be able to see them.
    This does not mean your dog is skinny, it means he is healthy and not obese like a lot of dogs are today.

If he is still not a healthy weight in a few months time you can try specific weight gain dog foods.
    There are quite a few different dry varieties at pet stores and they have a higher fat content to bulk a dog up without it being unhealthy for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bull Terrier Skin Allergies! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My sister have this beautiful two year old muscular white english Bull Terrier that suddently breaks out with skin sores all over his body and paws. She is giving him antibiotics that seems to be working. I understand that this breed especially in the white color have this skin...

Bull Terrier [ 12 Answers ]

I know that pit bulls are banned in Winnipeg and Ontario Canada but are Bull Terrier pit bulls? Are they banned as well in Winnipeg? (where I live)

Staffordshire bull terrier puppy [ 6 Answers ]

We have just bought a staff puppy, the breeder told us she was 8 weeks old but we now know she is only 5 weeks old. She is very lethargic, doesn't walk well and we don't know what to feed her. Please can you help us.? Also, what will she drink?? Thanks. J

Adult Bull Terrier won't accept puppy [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, We live in Namibia, Africa and have a three year old bull terrier male. We have a big yard and no children and our bull terrier has been our child for the past three years. He truly is spoilt rotten and not used to other dogs at all. He is kind hearted and treats people and children...

View more questions Search