Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Really bad urine infection before or after menstration
    Ever since Ive been with my husband Ive been getting a really bad urine infection practically every month before or after my menstration week. I have gone to the doctor and they have given me antibiotics but even though it has helped cure it for the moment next month it comes again around my menstration time(not during). They suggested to drink lots of water and cranberry juice for that week of my period.. I have been doing so but it still isn't helpful (just for a while).. Every time I go to the doctor they give me antibiotics but I know that one shouldn't always be drinking that.. I also noticed that there is a strong odor when I urine (this usually happens in the beginning of the infection) It also burns severely.. honestly I don't know exactly how this started.. is their a certain disease or virus that cause this infection that maybe got transmitted from my husband? Any suggestions or ideas on what this could be? Help..
    Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Just a thought on this. It could be clymidia (I can't spell that for beans today). He keeps reinfecting you with this. It could also be a yeast infection that you two keep passing back and forth to each other. Has he ever been to the doctor with you on this? He needs to be treated as well or your problem will never go away.

Jun 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Do u mean Chlamydia infection?

Jun 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
    I've been looking through the web to see if I find a page that says specifically that this infection (if its chlamydia or not) find something that says that it usually happends before or after menstration.. do you know any link of where I can find that.. I read chlamydia info. But it doesn't say anything that it usually come before or after period
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Well it stands to reason that this would flare up due to the extra hormones being active then. You definitely need to see a gyno about this. You didn't mention what kind of dr you went to.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 05:57 AM
    If I recall you are recently married? Please correct me if I am wrong.

What it sounds like you have is called "honeymoon cystitis." It really has nothing to do with a honeymoon or how long you have been married, but more about sex and cleanliness. Now, I don't mean to accuse you or your husband of not being clean, but rather, he needs to be clean before penetration and you need to get up and urinate before and after sex, and make sure there is plenty of water based lubrication.

The reason it is called honeymoon cystitis is because it typically happens early in marriages.

Aug 26, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Hello again,
    Just wanted to update you all.. I went to do a papsmear(if that's how you spell it) and urine test as well a few weeks ago.. everything came out negative.. no signs of infection-but the weird part is that just last week I finished my menstration and these past days I've been feeling a little bit of pain when I finish urinating and sometimes ichyness.. when I went to get the results for the papsmear the doctor did tell me that I had a tiny cyst in one of my ovaries(cause they checked those too) but that not to worry cause that's something normal that shows up before or after period but later on leaves.. she told me that the rest of the results are clear- I then explain to her that its strange cause I keep on getting these infections after menstrations she then told me that this usually tends to happen after a woman finishes her period.. that it could be a yeast infection.. she said that if it gets worst to urine in a cup she provided me and drop it off at the clinic so they could do a retest.. she also provided me a cream and pill.. it hasn't gotten severely bad but I feel like it might if I don't drink plenty of water (which has helped me).. I don't know what else to do? Is this something normal? Could the birth control pill (YAZ) be also causing this? Could it be that I have to do a cleaning? Last month I got the infection really severe, and I am not sure if it was because I had sex with my husband while still having a little bit of blood due to my menstration(I was finishing still I guess).. I don't know if that's the cause of all this-This month we decided to wait to be together till my menstration was clear but then when this happened I was really dry and I think I might have been scraped or something cause afterwards when I went to clean myself I saw a little bit of blood on toilet paper.. This month I didn't get it that severe though(at least not yet).. Iam confused.. just need some suggestions...
    Thanks
    lobowolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Look honey your husband is cheeting on you you have a vaginal infection and he keep passing it back toyou from who ever he is sleeping with.
    I know this is harsh to take but many women do not even suspect it. So have him watched by a private eye or good friend and watch he will be cheeting on you look for the signs stays out late for work goes for long periods to the store and lunch time is always good.
    Just when you don't suspect . If he is real good he will poo poo it away with a great ecxcuse

Aug 28, 2008, 06:35 AM
    I trust my husband and even though at times it has past through my mind I know for a fact that he isn't doing that behind my back.. he shows everyday that he is head over heels for me and hugs me really tight at nite-tells me all the time that he loves me.. so do not tell me those things cause if that were so I would have seen a distance from him and I haven't seen it.. lately he's been wanting to be closer to me intimately everynite.. and if it was a transmitted the doctor would have told me so..
    melanthony7 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MimiGirl
    Ever since Ive been with my husband Ive been getting a really bad urine infection practically every month before or after my menstration week. I have gone to the doctor and they have given me antibiotics but even though it has helped cure it for the moment next month it comes again around my menstration time(not during). They suggested to drink lots of water and cranberry juice for that week of my period.. I have been doing so but it still aint helpful (just for a while).. Everytime I go to the doctor they give me antibiotics but I know that one shouldnt always be drinking that .. I also noticed that their is a strong odor when i urine (this usually happens in the beginning of the infection) It also burns severly.. honestly i dont know exactly how this started..is their a certain disease or virus that cause this infection that maybe got transmitted from my husband? any suggestions or ideas on what this could be? help..
    thank you
    Maybe you can glean some help from my situation: I got my first Urinary Tract Infection when I was 17 (never before,) and since then I had U.T.I.'s CONSTANTLY thereafter! I went to the emergency room for that first one... I had seen my doc many times, with no real answer or explanation. I discovered one in a women's health book: Women should never bring soap near their vagina. Vagina is self-cleaning, and soap knocks off natural bacterial balance. I guess I thought using soap in that area was good hygiene. I stopped, as per the book I read, and use only gentle washing w/ warm water. NO MORE U.T.I.'s! It's been a couple years now since I learned that; I don't know if that's what you do, but if it is, you should stop. Switching from soap to only water has NOT gotten me any "complaints about cleanliness", either. The soap only causes problems.
    melanthony7 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Hey, here's another possibility. Since you've received so many prescriptions and the infections keep ocurring, and since nobody knows what's going on, I bet it could have to do with the internal balance of healthy vs. unhealthy bacteria in your system". I have various issues w/ my own health (all subtle at this stage of my life - my early 30's) but I still want to be healthy; I sense that I'm not. I'm currently reading "The Maker's Diet" by Dr. Jordan S. Rubin. It explains what all of today's foods and standard diet do to our bodies (destroys it, and causes all kinds of problems and diseases,) and that to kick all the "junk" out of our system and be healthy and raise our natural immunity levels, we need to follow God's dietary guidelines in the Bible. There is so much research and
    Studies cited in this book, and intelligent and logical explantion, and when properly followed, God's intended way for us to eat brings us FAR away from problems like you're having, and toward FABULOUS health! I'm reading it, and am going to follow it; you might be interest... you can find it at your local library. The first 40 days of the program has the potential to knock this infection stuff right out of your system!

Aug 29, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melanthony7
    Maybe you can glean some help from my situation: I got my first Urinary Tract Infection when I was 17 (never before,) and since then I had U.T.I.'s CONSTANTLY thereafter! I went to the emergency room for that first one... I had seen my doc many times, with no real answer or explanation. I discovered one in a women's health book: Women should never bring soap near their vagina. Vagina is self-cleaning, and soap knocks off natural bacterial balance. I guess I thought using soap in that area was good hygiene. I stopped, as per the book I read, and use only gentle washing w/ warm water. NO MORE U.T.I.'s! It's been a couple years now since I learned that; I don't know if that's what you do, but if it is, you should stop. Switching from soap to only water has NOT gotten me any "complaints about cleanliness", either. The soap only causes problems.

I have been using soap down their-never thought that it would cause damage or anything.. thank you for the advice I am going to stop using it to see if that's the cause of the severe infection.. I just have been using it before as well but never got it so sever like now.. maybe its also cause I changed soap or something.. iam now using DOVE.. well I am going to try it out anyway just to see.. thank you so much ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Urine Track Infection During Pregnancy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Yesterday , my doctor informed that I have UTI... and they gave medicine... but today I found that I am having very yellowish urine... is that because that medicine?. have any one of you faced this... please tell me, I am really tensed, this is my first baby... Also I am taking stool...

Help Urine Infection [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a urine infection (well think that's what it is) it hurts when I pee (at end of pee not whole way thru) I first noticed this on the 1st and went to doctors and got some antibiotics, took them and it got better but just today noticed it seems to have come back. WHAT THE? Should I wait a...

Menstration [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I get my period, it is very long. It is so long that sometime I thought I have period 2 times in a month. I barely get a break between my period. Does anybody know if that is abnormal or not? Can you tell me?

View more questions Search