Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    card_user Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Phones to Use
    When you make a call with your calling card, what kind of phone do you use? Is it the landline phone, mobile phone or the public payphone? :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 02:19 PM

For the land line, the 800 number is free usually, so this is your best option.

For the payphone there is the initial call amount and there is usually a surcharge attached to the calling card. It might be <$1.00 for using a pay phone.

Most calling cards cannot be used for certain numbers. i.e 800, 976

For your mobile, you will be using cell phone minutes or free minutes. It may be advantageous to use a calling card for out of the country calls.

I just downloaded Skype for mobile and I'm unclear how the charges work. It has to call a local number.
    card_user Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    For the land line, the 800 number is free usually, so this is your best option.

For the payphone there is the initial call amount and there is usually a surcharge attached to the calling card. It might be <$1.00 for using a pay phone.

Most calling cards cannot be used for certain numbers. i.e 800, 976

For your mobile, you will be using cell phone minutes or free minutes. It may be advantageous to use a calling card for out of the country calls.

I just downloaded Skype for mobile and I'm unclear how the charges work. It has to call a local number.
    Thanks a lot. Yours will be of great help. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to decode phones [ 3 Answers ]

My question is that I want to know how or the procedures to decode phones.

Cell phones [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find chelsea wakefields cell phone number

Skype phones [ 4 Answers ]

Short question. How does a Skype phone work or where can I get an answer? Tried several places but they just want to sell phones not answer questions..

Pay as you use phones [ 9 Answers ]

I have had a great pay as you use plan that came with my job that is now expiring.AT&T/Cingular. Is there one plan that someone might recommend. I've heard Tracfone is pretty good. What about Virgin Media, AT&T, Cingualar, or any others?

View more questions Search