Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moondog123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 03:13 PM
    York burners won't ignite mod P3HU 9 yrs. Old
    When t-stat calls for heat the combustion blower starts, the glow plug glows but gas valve doesn't open and burn doesn't ignite. The combustion blower continues to run. Is this a problem with the pressure switch? Does it need to be replaced? :confused:
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 03:15 PM

If the ignitor is glowing then there is no probem with the pressure switch
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Do you hear gas blowing in? Sounds like no gas, bad gas valve or bad control board
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 06:02 PM

Also, make sure you have gas present, make sure the burners are not rusted closed, if the burner in front of the ignitor is plugged the burners won't light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rhemm Burners won't ignite! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Rheem Criterion II about 15 years old. Down Draft Furnace I just replaced the blower motor and it works great. The problem is when I fire up the furnace the blower comes on the ignite r glows and than just when the burners should ignite the system stops? The green lights on the...

Gas burners on furnace do not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

The gas burners on my furnace do not ignite. When I turn on the heat at the thermostat and set the temperature to a setting higher than the room temperature I can hear a faint click within a couple of seconds. Within a few more seconds the blower comes on, but the burners never fire up. There is a...

Burners will not ignite [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day/Night forced air heater and the burners will not light. The fan runs but the igniter glow device does not turn red and the gas valve does not open. I have run the on test mode and the igniter glows red but when turned on by the thermostat the igniter does not work. I have checked the...

Gas furnace burners won't ignite [ 4 Answers ]

17 year old gas furnace... burners won't ignite. What are the logical troubleshooting steps to solve this problem?

Burners won't ignite--no gas? [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox model GMP075-3. Installed in '95. I've tried resetting according to instructions on access cover panel (turn heat to 'off', turn off power to furnace, turn gas valve to 'off' for 5 minutes, etc.) When I call for heat, small (induction?) fan runs for a few seconds, the igniter unit glows...

View more questions Search