Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
    living conditions
    I have a question my ex is now seeing our 5 year old son since the last year and a half... I had said that he can take him but that he can't stay overnight.. He lives in a basement.. If my x takes me to court will the judge approve my son to stay overnight knowing that he lives in a basement that's cold and small..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:36 AM

If he doesn't have suitable living arrangements the Judge can give him day visits. Make sure the Judge is aware of his living conditions and if the basement is a cold cement basement or a finished basement, type of heating etc...
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:44 AM
    That's what my mom was trying to tell him we both have restraining orders on each other so we can't talk directly... my mom was trying to tell him that he can even see him every weekend if he liked but apparently he din't approve..
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Jan 4, 2009, 03:22 PM

The state I live in will send a CPS worker to the home and then report back to the judge.
    Don't be surprised if the worker tells the Dad to make some improvements and then allow the child to spend the night. I don't want to worry you but I have seen CPS workers make some strange decision that I didn't understand, but if you really believe it is wrong.. don't give up

Good luck, Hon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Living conditions [ 3 Answers ]

I want to live with my dad, but I have lived with my mom fro 13 years do we have to go in court to settle this or does everyone have to agree? Also can I go there because I don't like how I'm living there like ruining my teen and child hood?:(

Poor living conditions [ 3 Answers ]

Last May we moved into a 2 bedroom apartment and things began going downhill from day 1. When we signed the lease and security deposit form our landlord gave us the letter he sent to the utility company stating when we will be moving into our new place. At one part is said "they are moving out of...

Endocrine conditions. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, can someone help me with diagnosing these symptoms? They are as follows: Patient 1: Suffers from peptic ulcers, gnawing, burning pain in the abdomen; diarrhea; nausea; vomiting; fatigue; weakness; weight loss; and bleeding. Patient 2: Suffers from low blood pressure, male features...

Probation conditions [ 5 Answers ]

I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was...

View more questions Search