Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yve57 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Southwind V Malfunction
    I bought a Southwind V approximately 2.5 years ago and about one month ago the whole fan/light system stopped working. It does not work with the wall switch or remote control. I checked the electrical panel and the wiring to the fan and everything seems okay there. What else can I do?

Yvonne Green
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Does the LED light up on the remote?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Nov 2, 2006, 12:33 AM
    Yes it does
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 12:34 AM
    Probably the receiver is bad. Take the fan back to Home Depot, or call Hampton Bay for a new receiver.

Wait, does the fan have pullchains? Can you try wiring it without the receiver?

Nov 2, 2006, 12:36 AM
    The fan does have pull chains but I can't control the fan with them. I have the fan wired to a switch so I should be able to work it without the control also but I can't.

Nov 2, 2006, 12:40 AM
    You wouldn't by any chance have the phone number for Hampton Bay would you?
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 01:53 PM
    You need to open up the canopy of the fan, disconnect the receiver, and wire the fan without it. It should work fine. You can buy a new remote/receiver kit if you want to have remote control on the fan again. Wiring instructions here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jenn-air Gas Cooktop, Igniter Malfunction [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a Jenn-Air Gas Cooktop, with all knobs in the off position, one of the igniters, sparks once, every 45 seconds on it's own. I have tried re-adjusting the knob to the off position but, this has no effect. Any ideas, to this mysterious spark? Thanks in advance, for any suggestions....

Southwind v [ 10 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a Southwind V Model 110 690, a 52" ceiling fan. The instillation went well. The directions were good, but when I tried the light, nothing happened. I have taken the light fixture and know that that section does conduct, so either the switch or the power is not...

Southwind V Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

I had an electrician install my ceiling fan. Everything seems to work fine including the handheld remote control. THe handheld control lets me select three fan speeds and off, but I can not locate in the manual or feeling around the unit itself for a switch that would enable me to put the fan...

Hampton southwind V model: 110690 [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there-- Thanks for taking the time to try and figure this out... For some bizarre reason we can't get our fan to operate in a downward air flow. It was working (downward) a month ago. We've tried all sorts of trouble-shooting including changing codes for the remote control. Any...

Internet Explorer Malfunction [ 1 Answers ]

My IE is not working, and as a result I cannot update any programs I have on my PC and I cannot add new programs. I think I accidentally deleted some files that affected IE. I ordered an IE disk, and tried to install it with no luck. I tried to do it from the Microsoft website with no luck. ...

View more questions Search