Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daveyblaze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Can my PO find out about pending charges received after probation initiated
    Im 19 and have just recently been put on probation for aggressive driving for 12mo and a couple days after my probation started I went to a party and cops showed up and I received underage possession of malt beverage. I did not have anything in my hands or anything the officer did not issue me a handheld breathalizer or anything like that but he wrote me a citation and I was not taken into custody or arrested. I did not tell my probation officer about this incident and I am curious if she will find out about it or already knows. If anyone has any experience in this matter or some advice I would greatly appreciate it thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyblaze View Post
    Im 19 and have just recently been put on probation for aggressive driving for 12mo and a couple days after my probation started i went to a party and cops showed up and i received underage possession of malt beverage. I did not have anything in my hands or anything the officer did not issue me a handheld breathalizer or anything like that but he wrote me a citation and i was not taken into custody or arrested. I did not tell my probation officer about this incident and i am curious if she will find out about it or already knows. If anyone has any experience in this matter or some advice i would greatly appreciate it thanks.

You have violated - I would tell your PO before he runs your name and finds out or the Police run your name and find out. You would have somewhat of a chance if you tell your PO; if he/she finds out some other way I see no leniency for you.

If you go to the search box opposed the AMHD logo and type in violation of probation you will see the many times this has been asked and answered.
    FloridaFisher Posts: 121, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2010, 08:05 PM

I agree with JudyKayTee..

I was on probation(with two probation officers in two states) and got arrested on accident and both of my P.O.'s found out an hour after the fact.

You're in the system and he probably got a phone call about it from the sheriffs at the jail/station in which you were taken.

I had no way to tell my P.O.'s or get to them, but when I explained everything they were OK with it. Not happy, but they were understanding and happy I spoke with them about it instead of trying to hide it.

You will never be able to hide legal matters from them. They have the right to know if you even go into debt.

Don't call, don't write, just schedule an appointment and show up extra early and be sincere.

Tell the truth and pray my friend. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank covers check with not enuff money in account and bounces 7 pending charges after [ 12 Answers ]

I had a check post for $850.00 on 12/05/08. I had $487.00 in my account. I also had 7 "pending transactions" waiting to come through totaling only $345.00. When I went to my online account, I noticed that the bank put through the $850.00 check, leaving me with a negative balance of $399.00 ($36.00...

Background check with pending charges [ 23 Answers ]

I have court in 2 weeks for a charge that was issued earlier this year (theft under 5k). I had an interview yesterday and they said everything looked good, but they have to submit a background check (not sure what type; bondable, child abuse, etc.). I was just wondering that since it's not a...

Pending felony and misdemeanor charges [ 17 Answers ]

I was arrested in sept for grand larceny theft of 24000 from a person I was taking care of . I have a drug problem I have been receiving counseling for . I have no priors except in 2001 for drug paraphenelia in fla . My lawyer seems to have his own best interest at heart and I'm afraid ill do...

Pending charges [ 4 Answers ]

If I currently have pending charges will it show up in a criminal background check for an employer ex. School board

Statute of Limitations on Pending Charges [ 1 Answers ]

Is there so much time an investigator has to investigate a case and charge someone with something or can they take all the time they need to investigate a case, particularly Grand larceny and petty larceny in the state of New York?

View more questions Search