Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnpayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 06:02 AM
    How much money can someone receive by claiming head of house hold.
    I need to know how much money can one receive for claiming head of house hold.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnpayne View Post
    I need to know how much money can one receive for claiming head of house hold.
    Nothing - you don't "receive" any money at all. However, the tax rates for someone filing as Head of Household are lower than if you file as Single. The difference depends on your income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Further, you have to qualify for Head of Household, which essentially involves maintaining a home for a child.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 08:52 PM

For 2008, the standard deduction for Head of Household is $8,000. It is $5,450 for Single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If your convicted of a felony, can you receive money for school? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if somebody that is convicted of a felony, can receive a grant or do they offer any help for people that are convicted felon's to go to school? :confused:

Rules for money given to hold an apartment [ 2 Answers ]

If I gave a prospective landlord money to hold an apartment and decided not to move in. Can she keep all the money if I notified her in 4 business days that I changed my mind?

Claiming Head of Household [ 2 Answers ]

Can you claim head of household if you are single but your boyfriend is living with you in your home and is unemployed showing no income?

I hold a share of a company. Do I get some money after being laid off indefinitely? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a share in a company. Do I get some money after being laid off indefinitely? Regards jamonyok

View more questions Search