Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuck719 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 10:39 PM
    I messed up so bad. I left the girl I love.
    I guess I was scared that she would control my life. I try to stop thinking about her. No luck. Too much in common. I want my old life back (keep on dreaming) I know I need to move forward. I keep thinking that I should move back closer to her. (I think she's done with me though) But, still I think... just maybe we can be together again. Maybe I'm just fantisizing: Making her out to be better than she is. I can't stop thinking about her. She doesn't ever call. Yet, I want to call her. I want her to be happy so, I don't want to bother her. Plus, what would we say. If she wanted to talk to me then she would call. Unless she just doesn't want me to hurt (letting me down easy) I miss her so much. I miss her voice, laugh, the way she talked to her cat, her talent, her touch, her humor. I guess I can't let go because if I do, what if she wants to get back with me. (not likely, but what if?) I'm a wreck. I've got so much going for me and my life. So much potential but it's worthless to me. I want to share it with her. I've never felt this sad for so long. I can see that I'm hurting people close to me. I want to be happy. (I guess I just have to decide, right?) I feel stupid. I don't blame anyone for not responding to this if that's the case. I'm at my wit's end. I simply want to talk to someone anonymously so that I can get it all out on the table. (Please, no Christians telling me I need to find Jesus. I'm not against spiritual things but... I don't know... whatever)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
    Stuck... this is all so normal. Have you talked to her sweet heart? Just because you broke it off doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. You can get it out here... go ahead;)
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck719
    The last time we talked, she called me. I was so happy (stunned) that she called. She told me that she was getting married (to do the guy a favor,....green card) So, I believe her. She said she would call back......... I don't know if I should call her. I want to. I don't want to be a puss. I feel if I chase after her, she will have the upper hand. She loved me at one time. I was just a jerk to her and she doesn't want to be hurt anymore. I feel like an awful person. Also, very angry with myself.....(I know, I know. I shouldn't do that. Thank you for answering. I don't know if you can help me. Only I can help me right? Seems everytime I try to move on.... Maybe I just need some sleep. I feel so unthankful. I have so many that love me but I don't care. Very angry. Well, I don't want to burden you. I don't know you so, maybe it's not a burden for you. Well, anyway. Thanks for the response.

Yes, only you can help you. But you know something, it sure is nice to have the support of the people you love and your friends... even getting support here helps. Is she really moving on?

May 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I think she is moving on. She told me so. Plus, she never calls me. I don't want to be a stalker (even though she's across the country) And I have a lot of opportunity where I live now. But I miss the other side of the country. I'm closer to my family now (ma, pa, sis, bro, nephew, niece) but I don't seem to fit here. Thinking about moving back any way. Even if her and I don't get together. (Although, I'd be hoping for a chance)
    Is she playing hard to get? Does she want me to go after her? I just don't know.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 09:23 AM
    If she told you she was going to get married, then she probably is hoping for you to move on. Remember stuck, you can't make someone love you, you can't make them see how you feel. It appears tome that you may need to get on with it. Make your days go by faster by keeping busy with things you like to do. The more time that goes by the better it gets. I can tell you are hurting. I am sorry for that. YOu just have to start getting on with it. No contact is was many people here use to get over and get on with things. I will see if I can't find the lik to that for you.;)
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ght=no+contact

You can use a few tools to help getting on with things. These threads have great advice and if you are willing to make your life better, I would use the tools that work best for you! ;)
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html

Here is the second but most imortant of the two... at least in my opinion!

May 13, 2008, 09:32 AM
    No contact? What's that? Oh well, cool, yeah, send me the link.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 09:35 AM
    I sent it... go look! It is like a support system for people ready to move on...
    Also on the other thread there are tips and things you can do to keep yourself busy while you do this!
    l341972 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Man as hard as it seems right now the pain will go away.Open your eyes you are not isolated from the rest of the world.If this woman is marrying someone regardless of her reason she doesn't love and doesn't deserve you.Thats our problem men we give ourselves over to people for the worst reasons.Look my friend this isn't your first rodeo,rent a movie,go to the mall and window shop,look at all the ladies out there,and remember many women would love to have a man that adores them as much as you do this woman.So quit wasting your tears on someone who doesn't deserve them.
    cristo3214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
    I did the same ing , left the girl I love, thinking it was over, thinking we couldn't be happy, thinking I could have better; wrong, wrong, wrong. And now I can't get to see her hug anyone, getting tickled by other boys (on the ribs and belly, to pick her) I am so ashamed of myself. And now she's thinking about other boys and stuff... Damn it, but guess I have to get over it, even if she doesn't know if she wants to get back with me. It's one of the worst emotional situation ever, so people, before you leave someone, think about it, a long time, a ing long time
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2010, 09:51 PM

I had a slightly different experience. I married later in life. A very beautiful woman. She was a great housekeeper, good cook. But I wasn't used to cleaning up after myself. I let my dog sleep on the couch. I seldom made my bed, kicked my socks under the chair and left the towel on the floor after I showered. So she complained a lot. Plus she thought I drank too much beer... insisted I take out the trash, bring in the groceries.

In short order she issued an ultimatum. Either, I had to start picking up after myself, help around the house and quit drinking beer or else she was leaving.

That was 10 years ago, but even now, every night before I go to sleep I say a little prayer and thank God and Budweiser she's gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Messed up big time with girl [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all glad I found this forum as it contains a wealth of useful knowledge but I need others opinions about a situation I have. I am 20 in college and have never really had a serious relationship. In the past year or so I started talking with some girls at different times and have been very close...

Girl left behind [ 2 Answers ]

OK this is going to sound really lame but I just feel so frustrated that I am 15 (nearly 16) and have never had a boyfriend. It seems like everyone I like just doesn't like me enough to do anything. I'm not really ugly or anything ( def not a model either! ) but I feel like I am just left behind...

She left me for someone else but I still love her [ 127 Answers ]

Hi, my girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 2 months when she left me for another guy and I still love her and I want her back but it hurts so much to see her go. Would anybody be able to give me some sdvice on how to get over the break-up and move on? Thanks

She left me for someone else but I still love her [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 2 months when she left me for another guy and I still love her and I want her back but it hurts so much to see her go. Would anybody be able to give me some sdvice on how to get over the break-up and move on? Thanks

My Girl Left me over Sexual attraction [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I was dating this girl that I'm in love with for 18 months. About six months ago I was diagnosed with HPV. SHe wasn't the one that gave it to me I think I had started showing small warts right before we met. I didn't know what it was and thought nothing of it. We were together for about a...

View more questions Search