Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hherndon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Open account vs written agreement
    Is credit card debt a open account or is it a written agreement?
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

May 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Are you looking at your credit report and see a heading called "Open Account"? If that is what you are referring too, it has nothing to do with a written agreement. The credit reporting agencies classify the accounts as either installment, revolving, mortgage or open accounts. Under "open accounts" you may find listed utility companies such as Verizon, student loans, child support, lines of credit or home equity loans. It has nothing to do as to whether the account is open or closed, it is just a classification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue on a credit card Is it open account or written agreement [ 2 Answers ]

I being sued over an old credit card debt. Credit cards are under open account under the statue of limitation. In my state the statue is 4 years. The collection agency is trying to sue under written agreement which is 5 years. Which they file the 9 an the statue would have been up ten days later....

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

Subletting w/o a written agreement [ 32 Answers ]

I cannot find any state or federal law governing the rights of subletters that have not signed a written lease in the sate of California. My question is that my roommate and I have been sharing a 2 bedroom apt for a bit more (and by a bit I mean weeks) than a year. He has decided that for whatever...

No written lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

No lease between landlord and myself. Landlord refuses to make repairs. I have not paid rent. Have only been in house for 2months Landlord send a typed letter stating he wants me out in 6days. Is that legal in Indiana?

View more questions Search