Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amitbala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Car shuts off while driving
    Hi,
    I have a 99 accord LX, for last two days I have noticed that the car shuts off while driving, and then when I change the gear to parking mode and crank the ignition key again, it starts running, can somebody tell me wats wrong?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
    I would begin by testing/replacing the main relay, igniter, and coil. AutoZone will test igniters and coils for free. Be sure and run the K-Test on the ECM.

There's an outside chance it may be related to the automatic transmission interlock system:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post258005

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda accord electrical shuts off when driving [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda Accord that occasionately shuts off while driving down road. First thought it just ran out of gas but running out of gas would not shut all electrical systems down. Anyone have any ideas?

Car dies while driving [ 20 Answers ]

I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I will be driving and it will just shut off. Everything except the radio and lights will stay on. I can restart the car. Yesterday I had to get a new battery because it would not start at all so I thought that might have been the problem, but last...

98 Honda Civic Shuts off while driving [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is the freakin problem... I can be driving and my car will completely shut off. The radio will turn off and turn back on, but the power steering goes out, the blinker won't work and then the lights on the dash board will blink on and off with a sound of a clicking noise that sounds...

My car shuts off [ 2 Answers ]

This has happened twice in one month. I start my car. It starts fine. I sit in Drive with my foot on the break and in less than a minute, the car shuts off. I start the car again. It starts just fine... and there are no problems after that. I will say that sometimes when I'm sitting in Drive...

Driving car w/o insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Can you drive a car that you just bought the same day to work with out insurance? In illions

View more questions Search