Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Apr 28, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Fire down below
    Finally had sex with this woman that I had been dating for six months. It was well worth the wait. Awesome, next day bumps developed in my pubic hair. I was checked out and was diagnosed with folliculitis. The Dr. said that this was not sexually transmitted, but how else can it be explained.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Apr 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
    You should have asked your doctor that question.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
    From what I can tell, this diagnosis is not due to the person you had sex with but could be partly contributed to the act itself. The hair follicles are irritated, possibly infected. It has nothing to do with the woman.

Apr 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Yeah I know, but the doctor was pressed for time. Apperently one of her patients that she referred to the hospital was experiencing problems, and I didi't feel comfortable talking the nurses. You know how men can be
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 04:29 AM
    I like the answer that 1badchoice gave. Probably just due to irritation.

From Folliculitis - MayoClinic.com

Folliculitis

With common names like hot tub folliculitis and barber's itch, folliculitis may sound more like a bad joke than a skin disorder. But folliculitis, an infection of the hair follicles, is no laughing matter. Severe cases may cause permanent hair loss and scarring, and even mild folliculitis can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Folliculitis usually appears as small, white-headed pimples around one or more hair follicles — the tiny pockets from which each hair grows. Most infections are superficial, and although they may itch, they're seldom painful. Superficial folliculitis often clears by itself in a few days, but deep or recurring folliculitis may need medical treatment.

Apr 29, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I shuldnt dump her?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Heck no. She did nothing wrong. This is not an SDT as the doctor told you, but an irritation of the hair follicles.

Apr 29, 2007, 07:47 AM
    I don't understand, you paid money to see this doctor. That doctor should have given you a prescription for the irritation of the hair follicles.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Maybe she should be the one to dump you, since you thought she transmitted some disease to you!

Hope your condition clears up.

Apr 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Well I was given a perscription and it is starting to clear up the bumps, but as for shygrneyezs if you sleep with someone for the first time and develop a rash you are going to think that you have been burned, bottom line. I believe in signs, and that was a red flag in my eyes.

Apr 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
    I think your gut feeling is right. I am a be believer is signs... red flag big time.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 12:53 PM
    You have provided a very clear educational inservice here on the risks one takes when not having protected sex. For that, I thank you.

Apr 30, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I used protection. I used a trojan latex condom. That is what worries me. I used protection and still developed a rash
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 02:49 PM
    You might have developed an allergy to the latex or to the lubricant. That does happen. That can be a cause of the rash. Remember also, that latex doesn't allow the skin to breathe. So, with that and the friction caused by sex, what happened to you is not uncommon.

Have you spoken with this girl yet?

Apr 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
    I have, I told her and she became upset that I thought that she had burned me. She is new to the states and said that in her program they had do do an physical before they could come to the states. She is from europe, and said that she has never experienced this before.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Maybe this was an omen that you should not be messing around, But why dump her if she was so awesome. Now if you wait six more months you will be cured and by then it will seem awesome again.

Apr 30, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Follow you gut feeling.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 04:07 AM
    E3317, your girl was right. They have to be tested now before entering this country. So, does this mean you screwed up the relationship with her? I thought you really liked her. Were the two of you able to move past this?
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 04:43 AM
    The allergy to the condom makes a great deal of sense. Latex allergies are not uncommon. I hope you discuss that with your doctor. I have a neighbor who is allergic to latex - breaks out in a severe rash.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Hello:

Maybe the condom was too small. I have a hard time finding ones big enough.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Ants [ 5 Answers ]

I am from east Texas,and need some advice on killing these fire ants.just ran up on this site some how,and glad I did.sounds like fun and informative.just wanted to say hi to all.

I'm on fire! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well I'm not on fire my forehead is.. >!! What do I do if I burned my forehead with my hair straightner but I can't find any aloe!. I NEED HELP SOON!!

Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I had a fire in my apartment on July 27. I didn't have renters insurance. When I applied for the Fire Marshall report it stated that it was inconclusive (they could not determine who's fault it was), now my question is can I sue the management company for compensation of lost items, i.e furniture

Fire Wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a portion of my garage into a closet and a shower as part an adjacent new bedroom. I have an attic space above the remodeled area. Is there a requirement to build a fire wall to separate the attic above the new closet and shower from the rest of the garage attic? Thanks for any...

View more questions Search