Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugar4 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Collecting a judgment
    Hello

I need some help, I was awarded a judgment in court some months back and now I am wanting to try and collect on it, the problem is how or where do I began to find personel information out on the person, things like there ss# is there a company out there that I can contact that may be able to help me? All answer are appreciated

Thanks again
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 11, 2007, 04:32 AM
    What is your relationship to the person that owes you the money? Why do they owe you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Hello sugar:

Hire a collection agency.

excon

Apr 11, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karent23
    What is your relationship to the person that owes you the money? Why do they owe you?

Far as I am concerned there is no relationship the person destroyed destroyed my rental property.

Apr 11, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello sugar:

Hire a collection agency.

excon

To small to hire a collection agency or attorney, besides I have some info on him but not his ss#, which I am needing
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Well of course you should have all of their personal data on your "rental application form" as people who are in busienss know they will need this.

Also in court you would or should have filed a motion that requires them to provide their bank account and other information.

But in the end, most judgements never get collected, if the person just does not have any money, there is nothing muchyou can do, if they are working, the court that issued the judgement can issue a garnishment of their pay or attachment of their bank accounts ( if they paid you rent by check you should know their bank )
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar4
    To small to hire a collection agency or attorney, besides i have some info on him but not his ss#, which i am needing
    Hello sugar:

Did you come on this website to tell US the law, or to have us tell YOU the law? It looks like the former.

Uhhhh, you're lost, dude. Collection agencies work on a commission. I don't care how small it is, you can find one to hire. You didn't shop around. You probably never even called one. It's OK. It's not my judgment.

You don't need a SS#. What would you possibly do with that?? That won't help you do anything. Look. I know you're going to argue with me. Somebody told you to get his SS# and you believe them. Ok. Go believe them.

excon

Apr 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello sugar:

Did you come on this website to tell US the law, or to have us tell YOU the law? It looks like the former.

Uhhhh, you're lost, dude. Collection agencies work on a commission. I don't care how small it is, you can find one to hire. You didn't shop around. You probably never even called one. It's ok. It's not my judgment.

You don't need a SS#. What would you possibly do with that??? That won't help you do anything. Look. I know you're going to argue with me. Somebody told you to get his SS# and you believe them. Ok. Go believe them.

excon

If you don't mine would you not answer another one of my post, its redicuolous how rude and unprofessional you are, what are you talking about "Did you come on this website to tell US the law" what give you that impression? And far a commission is concern for an agency I rather try and work this myself jerk. And last time I checked smart guy it does take a ss# to pull a credit report on a person. "And who are you to come on here and Criticize me" you don't even know me. Let me give you some advice "GO BARK UP ANOTHER TREE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TIME TO HERE YOUR NEGATIVITIES ABOUT ME
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 12, 2007, 06:37 AM
    For the record, I had someone who owed me money and I went down to the court and filed a small claims case against him. All I needed was his name and work address. I didn't have his social or his home address. I think it would be rather scary to think someone could get easy access to my SS# and bank account numbers. The reason I asked about your relationship was not if you were friends, but why this person owes you money(he was your renter). Did he sign a rental agreement?

Apr 12, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karent23
    For the record, I had someone who owed me money and I went down to the court and filed a small claims case against him. All I needed was his name and work address. I didn't have his social or his home address. I think it would be rather scary to think someone could get easy access to my SS# and bank account numbers. The reason I asked about your relationship was not if you were friends, but why this person owes you money(he was your renter). Did he sign a rental agreement?

Yes he sign one and thanks for your response, I have another ? What is the best way to find out where he is employed now since he quit his last job, I know he works somewhere.
    AND AGAIN THANKS FOR HELPING ME AND NOT CHEWING ME OUT LIKE THAT "EXCON PRISON GUY"
    josephrodney Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Hello sugar4,

Please be nice to everyone who's reading your complain. They are all nice people, they trying to help us for the good answered we got. Don't argue with them because without them we cannot accomplished our motives to fight those money hungry or alligator business entreupreneur corrupt people. Hope you understand. Thanks and god bless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Book collecting [ 3 Answers ]

1. When collecting books, how can you verify a certificate of authenticity for a book signed by author? What should it look like and who issues it? 2. If a book is in new, never used condition what effect does a black mark made by a magic marker on the external edges of pages have on it's value?...

Collecting on a lien [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lien against an ex-employer. (He tried to take over a small AM radio station but failed) Anyway, I took him to small claims court and since he failed to comply with the payment plan ordered by court I now have a lien against him for almost 5k. Will I ever see that money? I checked the...

Collecting a judgments [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO, I like to know if you know of some company that will help me report a "judgment" to the credit bureaus? All answers will be appreciated Thanks

Collecting a judgement [ 14 Answers ]

Won a judgement bk in oct 2004 and have not received any money from this person he owns a trailer park and in 2005 he let his friend be partner with him in the trailer park.I did a notice of writ which I took out in June of 2005 what that do I do not know.but that is what the courts told me to do I...

View more questions Search