Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttrappe33 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 06:36 AM
    What court system
    My son lives in Iowa and I live in Florida and he wants to live with me do have to use the Iowa court system or Florida system?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Can I assume, you son is a minor, and lives with the other custodian parent or some other legal guardian. I will also have to assume that you do not have legal custody.

And you would like to know which court you are to sue in to try to get the family court to give you custody.

Normally it will be the court that issued the original child custody agreement that you will have to go back to and ask them to modify the original custody agreement.

Now I have assumed most of the facts, so if you would like to come back and give more info it will help.
    ttrappe33 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:13 AM
    My son is 14 and we have joint custody so I don't know if that makes a differents or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

Using the court system as a tool of revenge [ 5 Answers ]

OK the set up is she didn't let me sighn the birth cert. at the hospital. So I had now rights. I went to the probate court and filed emotion to establish perternity. Came back pos then I when to court to get vistation rights. And got those. It set up to be twice a week 5hrs a day to be arranged by...

Going to court again [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord raised my rent 200.00 I was paying 1200.00 a month I am sick with a chronic disease and my son lives with me , I have lived here for 4 year and every year before he has raised my rent 25.00. He has had me to court 4-5 times for late rent ( I always paid within the month it was due) he...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search