Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikem1262 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Low Yield Water Well
    We just had a well drilled to a depth of 300ft only to receive a 2GPM rate. Does anyone have some suggestions on how we can make this work for a reasonable amount of money? I found a system called “Well Manager” on the web but the cost is about $6000.00 OUCH!! This being my first well I’ve been searching every where for a not so expensive solution. Our home will be 3bdrm, 2 full bath about 2100 sq. ft. Plus we are planning to have some livestock, 10 or so head of cattle and a couple of horses.
    captbones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem1262
    We just had a well drilled to a depth of 300ft only to receive a 2GPM rate. Does anyone have some suggestions on how we can make this work for a reasonable amount of money? I found a system called “Well Manager” on the web but the cost is about $6000.00 OUCH!! This being my first well I’ve been searching every where for a not so expensive solution. Our home will be 3bdrm, 2 full bath about 2100 sq. ft. Plus we are planning to have some livestock, 10 or so head of cattle and a couple of horses.
    What is the depth to the standing water ? You can make a system like "well manager" for a lot less.
    mikem1262 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by captbones
    What is the depth to the standing water ? You can make a system like "well manager" for alot less.
    It starts at about 50 ft.

Feb 25, 2007, 10:07 AM
    So you have about 300gallons plus of standing water plus replenish rate of ~ 2 gallons a minute. Not really that bad at all In my opinion. That's about 1 1/2 hours @ 5gpm for a 6' well.
    tzurawski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Do you know where I can find info about building a well manager system for a low yield well that you mentioned in you answer?

Feb 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
    I don't know of any well manager systems info. I would just add a tank ( 300-500 gallons) level and timer controls and pump, pump from it instead of well. Most of the tank level will be ( filled at night and/or off peak times). Your well pump would pump to the storage tank.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Feb 27, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Having used the type of system that capt mentioned in my youth [old Coast Guard station] I recall doing water tests/ treatment every day-- standing water gets nasty with out treatment.--Savage
    waterwizard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 05:43 AM
    Interesting, I am currently working on just such a problem for one of my valued customers. Like you I investigated the previously mentioned system and found it to not to be cost effective for my customer. I am now designing a system utilizing a Norwesco a 400 gallon freestanding water tank in my design. For the inlet side of the system we plan to use a normally closed float assembly to control the water flowing into the tank. We plan to use a standard 30-50 pressure switch and a Pumptec-plus pump protection system. This system monitors the pump motors rapid cycle caused by a dry well. It also monitors the voltage load. It has an adjustable automatic restart timer to restart the pump after a programmable period. Although this is not the ultimate, I feel that it is a viable alternative to the previously mentioned system. Of course, then you'll have to address the re-pressurization system costs but that is to be expected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

View more questions Search