Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshua209 Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Discovery/Production of Documents
    Hey, Gem! Hope this question finds you well. I have a question for you...

In making a request for documents (i.e.: Bank Statements, Yearly Tax filings, etc.) what if the opposing party is protesting and not willing to produce based on the argument that it violates the rights of her spouse. They've filed jointly since they married 7 years ago, share bank accounts, etc.. Is he legally protected? Does he have the "right to privacy"? Or, is she simly stalling and there is no legal right to withhold?

Hmmmmm... thanks, in advance, for impartation of wisdom!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2010, 03:26 PM

Since his income will not be used in any support calculation he has no right to privacy here. He can request that the documents be reviewed by the court and any info immaterial to the court proceedings be redacted, but I doubt if that wll fly.
    Joshua209 Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Sep 1, 2010, 09:44 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the answer. Next question. A court order stamped in 2000, given at the time of divorce, stated I had the right to deal directly with all parties making payments to a company we jointly owned during the time of marriage. I was furthermore supposed to collect 1/2 of all receiveables within 7-10 days of receipt and annual accountings. I have NEVER received any of the above. Furthermore, upon contacting the various businesses making payments, all have stated I am not authorized to receive any information and I must contact my ex-wife and have her submit a letter to them granting such authorization. Is producing for them the court order enough since my ex-wife to inform them of anything. Of course, she doesn't want me to discover how much money the company has received over the past 10 years. Hmmmmmm...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2010, 09:51 AM

The court order should be sufficient to authorize them to deal with you. You can and should subpoena the full financial records of the company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fla Production of Documents Form [ 7 Answers ]

I am in the process of Modification of Alimony and Child Support filings. I am doing the process ProSe. I have produced the documents asked for in the Mandatory Disclosure requirements, but the other party has not. It lists on the filing papers that the other party had 45 days to produce the...

View more questions Search