Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Life insurance
    I have a friend who is very ill. She is a single mom with 2 kids, one who is 18. She has an insurance policy and would like to make sure the proceeds go to her children but in trust for them until 21. Need advice on how to set up proceeds from insurance proceeds as outlined above.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2006, 08:09 PM
    She needs to set up a trust with an executor, then make the trust the beneficiary of her insurance policy. I would hire an estate attorney to do this for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Yes, you will need an attorney, we tried to set up trusts to 21 for our children before but in the state we lived in, they would not let us do it after 18.

But your state or nation could be different

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Life Insurance Help [ 9 Answers ]

I Need Help Understanding All The Different Types Of Life Insureance. Where Can I Find Decent Rates For Being A 36 Year Old Male. The Quotes I Have Received Seem Off The Wall Compared To The Rates My Co-workers Pay.

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Life Insurance Trustee [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée has several debts that are being satisfied with her income tax refunds. However, certain debts have priority in being intercepted and we would like to have more control on which debts to satisfy. Her elderly dad has a life insurance policy naming her as beneficiary. We fear that when...

Bankruptcy and life insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I know it is a weird combo. But if you claim corporate bankruptcy and you die can they go after your personal estate? If you have signed a personal guaranty? I heard they have to leave you(if not deceased) or your estate your house and a vehicle(in fla) is this true? Last question. Can they take...

Life Insurance Trustee [ 0 Answers ]

My brother recently died and left my father as the trustee for his life insurance with his only child as the beneficiary. My father is 72 years old and the child is 15. My father wants me to handle the trust monies for him because of his age, he doesn't want the hassle. There is no will. Is there...

View more questions Search