Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SC1221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Failure to yield ticket question
    Hi I got a failure to yield ticket yesterday and I don't know whether to fight it or not so I was wondering if someone could help me out. Basically I was trying to make a left at an intersection on to a somewhat busy road and couldn't really see because there was a parked car somewhat blocking my view (I could see cars 25+ feet away and right in front of me but not in that 10-20 foot range) and. I saw that there were no cars coming from the right and from what I could see there were no cars coming from the left and I made the turn and there was a cop car right there that I could not see until I was halfway through my turn. I understand the law states that you are not suppose to enter unless it is clear and you know you can process across but with the parked car I followed the law to the best of my ability. Unfortunately the car that was parked was not there when I went back but I'm thinking about going back a few times until I see a car parked again and take a picture of my viewpoint. Do I have a case or is it not worth fighting? I have a clean driving record and obviously drivers aren't dumb enough to shoot out in front of a cop unless they are just looking for a ticket so I'm wondering if I should fight it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:25 PM

Still illegal no matter if car was there or not there. So a photo only shows you did the offense.

Even if the car parked there was illegally parked ( did not say if it was or not) it still does not make your actions legal.

Now with that said, depending on where this happened.

About 25 percent of officers don't show up for traffic court, so if you merely show up and plead not guilty if the officer is not there you can ask for ticket to be dismissed.

Normally the fine is not higher if you plead not guilty and try and get out of it, ( so it does not hurt to try)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:27 PM

Depends if its worth the effort your going to put into it. A lot of places allow you to plead no contest. Nolo conteste and you pay the fine (court fees) and it doesn't go on your record and you might get probation with it. Like not getting a ticket for a month. That way it stays off your record and after the probation period it disappears completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfair Failure to yield ticket [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Last night I got a ticket for failure to yield left turn. I was making a left turn on the green and there was a cab driver in front of me... A cop car passed us from the incoming traffic and as soon as he passed me he turned his car (before making a left turn). After the cab driver...

FHelp with failure to stop or yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received a failure to stop or yield ticket in NJ. I was on my way home from starbucks at 2am when I was making a left turn onto a 2 lane street. I was on a hill with the nose of my car pointing upwards. I was stopped at the stop sign for a solid 1 minute while changing CD's and BSing...

How do I fight a failure to yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident this weekend and I think I'm innocent. I pulled up to a stop sign- checked traffic in both directions- saw nothing and proceeded through the intersection. Half way through, a fast moving car came into the intersection. I gassed it to get through asap but the girl...

Can I fight a failure to yield ticket in Arizona? [ 2 Answers ]

I got in a car accident and was given a failure to yield ticket even though the other car ran a red light. Any way to fight this? Here is what happened... I was waiting in the intersetion for traffic to clear to make a left turn. The light went from green to yellow to red. The intersection...

Failure to yield. Would you fight this ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

A few days ago I was issued a ticket for Failing to Yield, which resulted in an accident. I was pulling left out of a private drive, onto a road with 2 north bound lanes, 2 south bound lanes, and a turning lane. When I approached the end of the driveway an extended bus pulled up to turn down the...

View more questions Search