Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcich75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 06:12 AM
    HSBC Motion of Summary Judgment
    I am being sued by HSBC. I recently received a Plaintiff's Motion Summary Judgement from the court and would like to know where I go from here. I am enrolled in a debt settlement program with a company that has offered several settlements, all which have been rejected. I owe about $860 and would be able to settle for a little over half. How do I convey this to the court? I don't want the court to judge in their favor without hearing my side. I am really trying to avoid having my wages garnished. Can anyone help?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lcich75 View Post
    I am being sued by HSBC. I recently received a Plaintiff's Motion Summary Judgement from the court and would like to know where I go from here. ... Can anyone help?
    In response to the motion for s.j. the judge doesn't care about any of that settlement negotiation information. What you need to bring up is defects in the plaintiff's case that would make summary judgment inappropriate. Has the plaintiff presented sufficient evidence to prove all elements of his/her/its case?

By the way - is this a small claims case? Summary judgment isn't usually used in small claims court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion for Summary Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I was served the foreclosure papers I answered the complaint I received a motion for summary judgment I was told that I lost even tough I have not had a chance to defend myself by explaining that the bank made several mistakes when they were serving my loan by omitting several disclosures that...

Responding to Motion for Summary Judgment [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me out with this. I am being sued for a loan from Beneficial which I have defaulted on due to circumstances leading one to another. I am unable to afford an attorney and wish to not have one since I do not deny that I owe the money and wish to settle this...

View more questions Search