Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    argentina_5_62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Summons for an out of state traffic violation
    We were traveling in MO with a trailer came around a corner and saw in a short distance a stop light. Since it was down hill as well we did not stop until the middle of the street. Unfortunately there was a red light camera which took our pic and sent us a ticket. A on the sight Police officer would have noticed the effort and difficulty and let us go. I was told that as long as I did not get pulled over while driving in MO I was OK. No record, no insurance issue. So I let the ticket pass. Now we have a summons and my wife is freaking out and wants to pay. I assume they will go to a warrant next and that will be it, no safe traveling in MO. Is this correct?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 12:14 PM

I'm not sure how you know a Police Officer observing the scene wouldn't have given you a ticket for not having your vehicle under control as well as not stopping at the light.

However - yes, if you do not respond a warrant will be issued. I do not know if your State is reciprocal but MO could notify "your" State and you might not be able to renew your drivers license the next time around.

Would you be extradited for a traffic warrant? I doubt it.

As far as the you were told "as long as you don't get pulled over in MO you would be okay" - what exactly does this mean?

You do have a Drivers License, I trust -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traffic violation/accident [ 7 Answers ]

On 25th of October, 2007 I had an accident when I was at the stop sign on one of the road waiting for the main road to be cleared and was turning into the main road to the left but unexpectedly, the other car from private parking lot came in to the same main road I was in, and I could not escape my...

Traffic violation [ 2 Answers ]

How many citations does a driver can have before their license is being suspended?

Traffic violation [ 25 Answers ]

Im not sure if I have a motorist insurance and along the way I got a moving violation, I just want to ask if Im an uninsured motorist and I got a ticket, do I first get an insurance before I fix my ticket or fix my ticket first before getting my insurance. My deadline for my ticket is on March...

Should I oppose this traffic violation? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Please give me your opinions. I was on my way to work it was approximately 6:50 AM between dark and dawn. Sunrise officially that day was 7:24 AM. I was going to turn left waited for oncoming traffic to pass then I turned right into a truck with no headlights on. I never saw him coming.Neither...

Traffic Violation in Ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a phone call from a collection agency that is trying to collect on a 15 year old traffic violation in Ontario. Is there a statue of limitations surrounding this? They claim the town sent numerous mailings to a very old address. What recourse do I have, if any? Roger

View more questions Search