Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjscott67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Old window unit
    We have a Friedrich window unit. It has a 3 prong plug and we have it in a 20 amp socket. The breaker is a 60 amp and the wiring is 220 12/3. We aren't getting power to the unit. What are we doing wrong here?? :eek:
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 4, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gjscott67
    We have a Friedrich window unit. It has a 3 prong plug and we have it in a 20 amp socket. The breaker is a 60 amp and the wiring is 220 12/3. We aren't getting power to the unit. What are we doing wrong here???:eek:

Hmmm friedrich went out of business, I'm guessing 25 years ago?

If the outlet is OK I'd suspect the cord , really need a meter to see if the power gets to the unit. Can't see it from here, 220v needs to be handled by people who know, I'm recommending a tech get an eyeball on it.

Also the unit is beyond its expected life span so a replacement is soon to come

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a dehumidifier/window unit?. [ 3 Answers ]

I am so tired of having to empty my dehumidifier every day and I don't have a basement drain. Does anyone know if a window unit exists?

Window repair [ 10 Answers ]

We have a large picture window in our living room with 2 plates of glass, yesterday when taking down the curtain poll, it fell and crashed into the window breaking out a hole in the inside glass, but it didn't go all the way through to the outside glass. How would one repair this, and would it be...

Window price [ 2 Answers ]

Is $90 dollars good for a basement window 32" by 19".

Dos Command Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I have scheduled a batch file to start of in the night. I want to see the DOS window to remain open and not close after execution. I want this this to check the next morning if all the actions went OK. Is there any command that can keep the DOS screen open till I close. Thanks...

View more questions Search