Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linsoar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Filing Appeal for Unemployment
    How do I file an appeal for unemployment that will win?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:25 PM

Hi, linsoar!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 05:31 AM

Hello lin:

I'm sure they have forms at the office... Fill 'em out and hand 'em in. I can't guarantee you'll win, though.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 06:06 AM

There are no guarantees anyone will "win" in any Court or legal proceeding.

Your best bet is to file an appeal based on an incorrect decision, giving additional facts or information to contradict the info used in the decision. For example, if it's claimed you quit and were not fired, bring all the proof you have that you were, in fact, fired.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 06:50 AM

You file an appeal by requesting one from the department. Normaly you will fill out a form with the facts of the case.

If you are suppose to get it, and if the company that you left employment can not prove you don't deserve it you get it.

Can you give us the facts of the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interstate Unemployment filing [ 2 Answers ]

I work in several states and hve been told by several people that I can file an interstate claim and get and UI benefits from the highest paying state. Any knowledge about this subject out there?

How to appeal an Unemployment Insurance decision? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm sorry, but I don't know where to put this and I'm sort of desperate right now. Cali unemployment sent me a determination that they're going to cancel two to ten weeks of my benefits, because I turned down work with a temp agency in the earlier part of the year. First a little background. ...

Filing unemployment [ 1 Answers ]

Living in FL, should I apply for unemployment here or in New Jersey where my employer is? When you get unemployment can you still work parttime?

Filing for unemployment? Work in NJ live in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

If I live in Manhattan and work in New Jersey do I have to file in New Jersey? I am getting laid off from my job May 30th, one week from now so I was to be prepared for next week.

Unemployment filing [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee files for unemployment, do they file in the state they worked or the state they live? The company I work for is a construction company and our employees can work in multiple states. I sometimes get multiple claims for the same person for different states... are they allowed to...

View more questions Search