Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daplaya_69_77 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Vehicle System Problems
    Hello everybody I'm trying to hook up a system in my truck and I ran into a wall. Im getting power to my amp, but on my amp it has a green light for power and a red light for protected. And I can't get the light off protected so I can't get my sub working. So how can I get it to the green light and what does protected even mean. THanks everybody
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 6, 2006, 05:19 PM
    The red protected light will come on whenever a short is present, either internally or in your speaker wiring
    clouded Posts: 31, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
    I know it sounds stupid, but make sure you have the ground and power wires to the right terminals. A lot of people make that mistake, especially if the are using only one color of wire for both.

That is the most common use of the protect feature.

If that is not the solution you should start looking for a new amp or if it is new it needs to be sent back to the manufacturer.

"" ,either internally or in your speaker wiring"" by morrowrj.

EDIT: You will never have the protect light go on due to speaker wiring. Polarity does not matter as far as the amp is concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 Nissan Sentra starting/charging system problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having some problem with a 97 Nissan Sentra starting and charging system. It first would not start but would get lights on the dash, so I had the battery and alternator tested both on and off the car. They both tested bad (12.9 volts output on the alt), so I replaced the battery and got an...

Judgement for vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

Three years ago I had bad credit and brought a cadillac for 14500 with the interest it was 18500. I paid 4000 down and 600 a month for 10 months but the car kept breaking down so the car repair fees was expensive. I fell behind on paying the car and I was sued for 9700. After the judgement I paid...

Failure to control vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

I was in an accident recently where I hit a child that ran in the street from between an ice cream truck and a parked car. I was told by the officer that I was not at fault in the accident. When I contact my insurance company I was told that this is consider "failure to control my vehicle". I...

Seller of vehicle lied! [ 5 Answers ]

I need a bit of advice and was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them. My husband, very eager to find an older Nissan Pathfinder in decent shape, with decent milage. Well, he thought he found one, we drove 3 1/2 hours one way in a horrible snowstorm to look at the vehicle. ...

Corporate Vehicle Lease. Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, If Anyone Can Help It Would Be Much Appreciated. Location Is New York. I Would Like To Know If A Vehicle That Is Leased By A Corporation Of Which I Am The Owner, Can Be Registered To Me And Insured To Me And Still Be Used As A Tax Write Off On My Personl Return (schedule E) At The End Of...

View more questions Search