Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendravixie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Swimming in the Parking Lot
    In Missouri,

Apartment complex throughway and parking lot (no carports or garages) is littered with potholes several inches deep, enough to ruin your undercarriage, transmission, and alignment if you hit one.

One deep pothole every few feet, littered with several other potholes. It looks like a battlezone. Some potholes go through to the ground (dirt) or sub-pavement beneath.

It has remained this way through last autumn, winter, spring, and now summer.

What can be done? Is this reasonable? Is this legal? Do they have a responsibility to maintain the parking lot to reasonable repair? Can I call anyone or a city advocate to pressure them into making repairs to this "utility" or "ammenity" that also affects transportation and private property (IE my car!)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2006, 07:49 AM
    It might be covered by local Codes. I'd start by asking the landlord if and when he plans to make repairs, and if he is not cooperative I suggest calling your local Code Enforcement people and ask them to do an inspection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2006, 06:32 PM
    It will depend on who owns the parking lot, if this is a government owned (city or county) housing project, often the city itself is responsible for the parking lot on these.

If the drive into the parking lot is really a city alley or street, it still could be the city.

If the drive is owned by the apartment complex they are responsbile to keep it up. The exact requirement for upkeep may vary by code ( or in some cities lack of code)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Okay -- Swimming. [ 1 Answers ]

This really isn't a question. I joined swim team because I like to swim, I am not thin, but definitely not fat. I have gotten so well toned and built in upper arms/calves/shoulders. This is after about 2 weeks, and the season is another 3 months. I suggest if you want a workout to really help...

Parking [ 5 Answers ]

Problem with parking space in my city has gotten so bad, that I need some advice on dealing with some stupid mistakes done by people. I live in Zagreb, Croatia's capitol (and biggest) city. Zagreb has just under 1 million citizens. In my neighbourhood, in the last year parking space just...

Parking ticket?  HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. I was just sent a parking ticket bill that was giving to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 months after I sold it. I sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when I sold it but it wasent recorded. Now I get a bill for $250 for a...

Menstration and Swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get me daughter to use a tampon. She is a swimmer and now teaches swimming. I can't find any info on being in the pool with a light period. Any for sure answers out there?

View more questions Search