Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa NYC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Legal right to see nephew after sister passed away?
    I am so sad. :( My sister died in August 2005. For some time, her husband stayed in touch and I got to see my nephew. Now, he does not. I have tried calling, texting, e-mailing, and so on. I was wondering if I have any rights. I live in NYC.

Thank you!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2008, 08:10 PM

Grandparents barely have rights. Sorry, but aunts and uncles have none.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 08:30 PM

What had he said to you ? And how old is the child ?

You have no legal standing, but I would say he is trying to move on and hasn't figured out how to embrace the past. It was a terrible loss for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Missing sister, nephew and niece. What do I do now? [ 4 Answers ]

I have contacted the local police department and the county police department informing them of my sister's apparent disapperance.the only reason I say "apparent" is because no one has legal right to just walk into her home to rule out foul play or if she and her boyfriend just abandoned...

What is legal age for brother and sister to sleep in separate rooms? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 15yr old son, who is sharing with his mentally challenged brother of 13yrs. He wants his own space desperatly, but my 11yr old daughter occupies the other room. Where do I stand legally if I allow my 13yr old son and daughter to share so my teen can have his own room?

Can't see my nephew [ 6 Answers ]

please i am extremely desperate. My sister died in october of 2007 and her ex-husband had custody of their son and he won't let any one in my family see him not even his grandmother. Is there any legal action i can take to get visitation of him. I don't want to take him away i just want to see him.

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

View more questions Search