Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdp_888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Roommates and boyfriends
    I live in an apartment with two other girls. I have a boyfriend and they do not. He spends the night probably about 4-5 times a week. He is never there when I am not there, and does not shower, cook, or bother my roommates at all. The entire time he is at my apartment he is in my room. They have told me that they think he should pay 1/4 of our hydro bill. I think this is stupid because he doesn't shower at my place, he doesn't cook, and he is only in my room which is what I pay rent for and he is only there when I am there. So basically, there is no extra expense because whether he was there or not I would still have my lights on and my TV on and we are hardly even there. When he is there it is at night. Am I wrong telling them that they are being unreasonable? It comes down to an extra $5 a month each. After they confronted me, I told them that I disagree because he is in my room, which is my space which is what I pay for and he doesn't use any of our stuff and is never in any of our common areas.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 13, 2008, 11:30 PM

What is the question?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 07:47 AM

Should he pay? Big question. I can understand the other people not liking him there so much. Maybe you need to spend the nights at his place instead, or move to an apartment on your own where he can come and go as much as you want. Remember that there are two other people living in this place and you no matter what will have to adhere to the majority rule. Could it be that they are simply tired of the squeaking bed all night?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 16, 2008, 12:27 AM

Heck no he shouldn't pay, sounds like they just want to pay less!
    Tell them that when he moves in he'll pay-:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommates with no lease in IL [ 3 Answers ]

My wife took young couple to live in our apartment without my promission.Both of us on the lease.They didn't sign anything.I asked them to leave.They refused.They claim that since they have agreement with my wife I don't have a right to ask them to leave. What should I do?

My landlords will be my roommates [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to rent a room in a house owned by two siblings . They also lived there so they will be my rommmates. I think I have the right to ask them permission to run a background check on them .They seems very nice and clean but I do not know anything about them. A criminal background check will...

Roommates on lease [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Washington state, in order to rent an apartment anyone over the age of 18 has to sign the lease. My daughter signed the leased and has since angerly moved out. She refused to sign the movement form the apartment asked me to have sign in order to be removed from the lease. Meanwhile,...

Roommates forced me out! [ 1 Answers ]

My roommates forced me to move out of my townhouse but refuse to sign me off the lease. They expect me to pay rent until they find a new roommate, but I don't think that is fair since THEY forced ME out. I moved out on November 10th, 2006 and have continued to pay my third of the rent until now,...

View more questions Search