Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BebsyRebsy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Law, Small Claims
    Hello

Im A 16 year old mature female and have a boyfriend who is 23 we are very happy together but it worrys me to think ''Is this legal'' I searched and law states:confused:

*Over 16s Can Date Anyone under the age of 25*:)

Is this true or false:o

I Need to know:confused:

Rebecca xxxx
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BebsyRebsy View Post
    Hello

Im A 16 year old mature female and have a boyfriend who is 23 we are very happy together but it worrys me to think ''Is this legal'' i searched and law states:confused:

*Over 16s Can Date Anyone under the age of 25*:)

Is this true or false:o

I Need to know:confused:

Rebecca xxxx

What State - and maturity has nothing to do with it. It's all about age. Are you asking about a dating relationship or a sexual relationship? A sexual relationship could get him arrested in several States due to the age difference.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2008, 08:08 AM
    This is not a Small claims issue, it's a criminal law issue. So I moved it

As far as I know there are no laws anywhere that govern the legality of dating. There are laws everywhere that govern having a sexual relationship with a minor.

Each area has an age of consent, with 16 being the magic number in most areas. However, some areas override the age of consent if the age gap exceeds a certain number of years.

So to answer your question, it is legal to date him, but it may not be legal to have sex with him.

That being said, I wonder what your parents feel about this relationship. No matter how mature you are, you are still a child and a 16 yr old's interests are very different from a 23 yr old. I have to question why a 23 yr old would be interested in a 16 yr old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom taken me to small claims [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is taking e to small claims court. The money she says I owe her is not what I agree with how does judge decide ? Nothing in writing just verbal

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue in small claims court... the situation is... I paid a sort of boyfriend my half of a vacation that never happened... I canceled the vacation in time to get a return for my share of the cost... it was all on his credit card... when it came back to his card he never gave me the...

Small claims [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if there is a statue of limitations as far as small claims is concerned? From 2002 to 2006 off and on I was sending my now ex boyfriend money to stay in a hotel and supposedly money for us a place. I was to join him. But that did not happen. So is it to late to file? I can prove the...

Small Claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued for a debt. The debt is just in my name not my husbands can they garnish his wages. (I am a stay at home mom). I know they can go after bank accounts but our account is just in my husbands name. Can they go after the account if it is not in my name?

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue someone in small claims court... he is a German man... he has lived in America for many years... speaks English well... his wife is telling me I must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language... he has got a drivers license in the us.. as well as has got a...

View more questions Search