Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Roommates with no lease in IL
    My wife took young couple to live in our apartment without my promission.Both of us on the lease.They didn't sign anything.I asked them to leave.They refused.They claim that since they have agreement with my wife I don't have a right to ask them to leave.
    What should I do?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 12:51 AM
    You are on the lease. Give them a formal eviction notice.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Ummmm, your wife won't ask them to leave?

What agreement did your wife have with them?

Does your landlord know they are there?

Sounds like there may be bigger problems than just the couple being there, huh?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 10:29 AM
    And legally, if your wife is one the lease, the couple is right... they don't have to leave as long as she says they can stay. And I agree with mommy... I think you have bigger issues to deal with in your marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask "no lease" roommates to leave my house? - Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

I own my home in Maryland and I have roommates with no signed lease. I do sign a receipt for the ones in question every month acknowledging that I received rent from them. Here's where this gets weird. I originally started with two male roommates. Then later on the one had his girlfriend come stay...

Being Evicted -- by my roommates! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California. My roommates and I have been having difficulties. I don't cook or use the kitchen, and so don't clean it. The don't lock the doors. We annoy one another. And it isn't working. At the beginning of the month, one of my roommates switched rooms, so that she is not beside...

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

Roommates on lease [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Washington state, in order to rent an apartment anyone over the age of 18 has to sign the lease. My daughter signed the leased and has since angerly moved out. She refused to sign the movement form the apartment asked me to have sign in order to be removed from the lease. Meanwhile,...

View more questions Search