Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shojsak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Verbal Agreement
    Verbal agreement, how binding is this? I agreed to trade a registered dog for another registered dog, no money, even trade.

I placed an add that I wanted to trade this puppy for another type of puppy. Someone responed. We agreed to meet once we both had time off. I called her to let her know I had the day off. I told her I would drive to her instead of meeting. She informed me she would call me later after she had rearranged appointments and splept for a couple of hours. She later called and said that her husband did not want to go through with it but she still did. HE wanted a day to think about it. Well, just received a call from her husband and he wants to keep. In the mean time I had gotten a call from someone who wanted to buy her but I said she was not available due to the trade. Lost the sale. Now I have the puppy that I have to relist and try to sell.

Verbal agreement, can this be considered an agreement and what can I do?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 06:37 PM
    I would think you'd have a VERY difficult time proving any damages in this scenario. Especially because it was just a phone call and a verbal agreement from the person who said they wanted to buy the dog.

I know it's not quite the same thing, but I own rental property. I learned a long time ago - the hard way - NEVER to take anything off the market until I have a signed lease and a security deposit in hand. I've taken many properties off the market over the years on a verbal promise. Then I'm kicking myself days later when the person backs out and I've turned other propective renters away. In my opinion you chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal agreement [ 2 Answers ]

In May 2007, I moved out of my former mother in law's house, I had lived there since August of 2006. She and I had a verbal agreement for me to pay approximately $800 per month in rent. Due to my divorce from her daughter and trying pay off her daughters bills, I was unable to pay rent and bounced...

Verbal agreement in PA [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into an apartment with this guy I hardly know and my boyfriend. The place is very nice, however, our roommate is not. I also have to move back to NJ due to some family issues. Our lease on the place is 2 months. Basically, if we decided to move out we would have to give our...

Verbal agreement [ 3 Answers ]

How can a verbal agreement be enforced (UK) once it has been broken by the other party, in this case an agreement to purchase a boat and given four days to make payment but the boat was sold to another party in the interim

Verbal agreement [ 2 Answers ]

4 years ago, my mother persuaded my sick disabled sister to move in with her, so that they could help take care of each other. My mother has now relocated to another state and is trying to evict my sister from the home in order to sell it. My sister never paid rent to my mom ( home is paid for),...

View more questions Search