Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vwtkd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Civil case
    How do you ask for a summary judgment when representing yourself in pretrial?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 06:44 PM
    You need to research the civil practice act in your state.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jun 30, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vwtkd
    How do you ask for a summary judgment when representing yourself in pretrial?
    What state? What kind of case? Why on earth would you represent yourself if you don't know what summary judgment is?

You need to get your ducks in a row fast. Most states limit the time ot move for summary judgment to a certain number for days after the case is certified trial-ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timeframe in the statute of limitations in a civil case [ 3 Answers ]

Can you take someone to small claims court IF you filed the papers with the court and had them served with the summons to appear before the statute of limitations runs out BUT the actual court date is after that date?

Summons civil case management conference [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for uncollected debt and I want to know if I can just pay it off without going to court - can you help me?

Notice of Judgement/Transcript Civil Case [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a certified letter was delivered to my home to "Jack Smith, Jr.". Well, I am Jack Smith, III and my 18 year old son is Jack Smith (we changed his middle name). So when the mailman knocked on my door and asked for Jack Smith, Jr. my son figured it was for him and he signed for it and that...

Civil case on my credit report [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here is the deal, I am trying to by a house and the loan lady pulled my credit report and it is showing a unpaid judgement from back in June/06 that the other person never filed the paper work with the court. (I paid them the day of the court case). Ok now here is the interesting part. One...

Civil Case [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend was recently killed by a drunk habitual offender with a long criminal record, driving 60 miles an hour on 25 mile residential street. The DA has offered a plea, he will only be facing 75 months if accepted (nothing for all the heartache he has caused). Can the family file a civil...

View more questions Search