May 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Motion of discovery
    How do u file for a motion of discovery what all u have to do
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crosbytraci
    how do u file for a motion of discovery what all u have to do

This is a lengthy and complicated process and you get one chance so it's got to be 100% correct.

If you search the Internet you will find all sorts of forms and advice, some tailored very specifically to specific charges.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Discovery is the process of seeing what the opponent's case is. In the case of criminal law (which is where you asked the question), the defandant needs to know what evidence the prosecution has and what witnesses they will call. I do not believe that the defendant has to file a motion for discovery in a criminal case as the prosecution is bound to provide this information to the defense's lawyer. In a criminal case you can have an attorney appointed for you. I strongly urge you to take advantage of that right.
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

May 26, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Your best bet is to contact an attorney or a public defender to get them to file for one. They can go to the prosecuting attorney and get any records they may have as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File motion to discovery. [ 5 Answers ]

I read all these posts about filing to intent to defend the summons. Then file motion to discovery... Where do I file the discovery? Is there a form I turn in to the court... or something else? :confused: :confused:

Motion of Discovery [ 8 Answers ]

Am I able to ask for a Motion of Discovery, in my own defense? The court I am facing won't allow a public defender if the State's Attourney is not seeking jail time. I want to know how I proceed without a lawyer. Am I eligible to ask for Discovery, and HOW??

How to draft a motion for discovery [ 13 Answers ]

I received a summons to court for failure to maintain adequate control of my dogs resulting in the injury of a child. I would like to see a copy of the police report before I have to go to court. I have no intentions of hiring a lawyer for this action; however I do need help with drafting a motion...

How can I read the motion of discovery? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying 2 find info on my brothers case

How to file motion for discovery [ 1 Answers ]

How does one file a motion for discovery in Michigan? I understand it is sent to the lawyer for the side who is suing me. Do I send a copy to the court? Is there a particular format that needs to be used? Do I need to send it registered or certified or return receipt requested? TIA, Lil

View more questions Search