Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jleagon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Lien on Property
    What does a lien on property mean exactly? What has to take place? Do you have to sign papers, etc? Please explain.

Janet Leagon
    [email protected]
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Liens on property indicates a party initiated an action wherein they attached their claim to a lien. To rid these liens you must track them down and meet with parties to try to remove the liens.an attorney could make quick worj of thes liens,
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2008, 10:07 PM
    The federal tax lien is a claim against your property, including property that you acquire after the lien is filed. By filing a Notice of Federal Tax Lien, the government establishes its interest in your property as a creditor in competition with other creditors in certain situations, such as bankruptcy proceedings or sales of real estate.

Once a lien is filed, it may appear on your credit report and it may harm your credit rating. Therefore, it is important that you work to resolve your tax liability as quickly as possible, before lien filing becomes necessary. Once a lien is filed, the IRS generally cannot issue a "Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien" until the taxes, penalties, interest, and recording fees are paid in full or the IRS may no longer legally collect the tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS lien against property [ 3 Answers ]

I own a condo and the IRS has a lien against the property which shows up on my credit report. The statue of limitations ran out in April 2006, and they never refiled. How do I go about having this removed from my credit report. Thanks, Rick

Property lien [ 2 Answers ]

Can I put a lien on an estate. I had a 32 ford pick-up parked at a friends house the friend died and his son took my pick-up out of state. I have the title and all current paper work for the truck. I know there is a trustee in charge of the property and house but she will not call me. Thank you...

Lien on Property [ 3 Answers ]

My husband received overpayment for unemployment and they said that they were going to put a lien on the house. But there are 2 other people on the deed can the take the house or make me sell it for 5,000.00? The letter said they could see is this true? What can I do?

Property lien [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a piece of property to a "friend" and he has failed to pay $18000.00 of it , the payoff date is three years ago. Can I place a lien against his property. I have a signed promisory note.

View more questions Search