Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HopeandFaith4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Wrongful accusations
    Hi,

My boyfriend and I had a very bad arguments, and 3 years ago he was charged for assaulting me, and then we got back together and things were going very smooth and he had a good job and very happy,, and on Jan 2008, he drank so much and started to argu and insulted my family... I asked him to leave... he won't not so I called the police without realizing what had happen in the past.. I am a bipolar sufferers I must admit I did take my meds that day and I drank some wine and, when things make me overwelmed and I tend to see every thing dark... through frustration I told the police he was trying to strangle me. Which is not true and it is bothering me so much because I can't sleep and I I would like to know if I can take it back for what I have said. Has anyone has ever been in that situation before, I need some advice Please.

Thank in Advance.

Chrisia
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
    I am not sure what you are saying other than that you wrongfully accused him.
    What does 'without realizing what had happen in the past' mean? It sounds like you want to recant your story because the prior will make the charges of this issue worse so you want to back off.
    Is he still your boyfriend? Do you see him regularly?
    You can take back what you said but then you will not be seen as reliable if you do need to call the police again. They can also say that he put you up to taking back what you said.
    If they think he did it they can pursue the charges without you if they feel they have a case.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
    I would talk to a lawyer first and then the police. You have to correct what you said. You could be charged with false reporting. However, I think if you can get the police to understand that you are bipolar and that you were drinking a bit, it will help you out. That is why I say to talk to a lawyer first. The sooner you correct this, the better. Definitely correct it before court.

It may be the hardest thing you have ever done to go in and tell them that you lied. But if you don't you will feel so guilty. Hope this helps. Also, talk to your doctor about all this and see a counselor to help you deal with the stress.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Wanted to give you rep. Nohelp4u, but had to spread it around. That is a good point about how they could say he put her up to taking it back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
    If you lied and he did not really, you will need to tell the DA the truth. Now to be honest he may not believe you, and they can still go to court to try and convict him. ** and his prior arrest will not look good.
    Since it is common for the girlfiend/wife to change her story in a few days, often they don't believe her and just go ahead with the court case anyway. So yes you shoul have an attorney also to deal with this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor making accusations [ 18 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that keeps making false accusations about me. It all started back in February when she sent an email to my husband informing him that I threaten her and her children, have been witnessed vandalizing her car, and parents and staff at our children's school have witnessed me...

Evidentiary hearing for false accusations [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I am trying to move to another state with my duaghter, new husband, and new son. My daughters father is trying to prevent that by making false accusations as to her care while living with me. She is 8, and has lived strictly with me since she was 2. Only a day before the hearing he...

Major False Accusations - Slander Lawsuit [ 12 Answers ]

My friend was fired from his place of employment; The supervisor had accused him of swearing at him, and was suspended for 3 days. When he called the employer after the suspension, he was denied his job and was never told he was fired, merely he couldn't work at the location. 2 months later,...

Suing for false accusations from a competitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I run several websites, and recently, one of my competitors made some bluntly false accusations against me. He claimed that I start threads on a public forum to "steal" the replies to put up on my blog. These claims are completely baseless, and nothing on my blog is something other than...

View more questions Search