Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henryboog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Medical bills
    Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each provider. Can they accept this or will they eventually sue us? What is our legal rights? Thank-you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 03:20 PM
    You need to contact the institutions and set up payment plans.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by henryboog
    Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each provider. Can they accept this or will they eventually sue us? what is our legal rights? Thank-you!

No, no, no - if you have filed for bankruptcy do not pay anyone anything! Your debts will be listed on your Bankruptcy Petition and either settled for pennies on the dollar or totally discharged. One payment after filing and you have to file all over again.

If you have already been discharged in Bankruptcy, then you are no longer "in bankruptcy" and, yes, you must make the best arrangements you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills trouble [ 18 Answers ]

I have 32,000 in medical bills and now way to pay them off I can barely afford to feed my kids let alone these medical bills I have the title to one car and nothing else I just received a summons to appear in court on the 26 of January I already have one garnishment they are taking out of my...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

Medical Bills and 401k [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is getting ready to retire and she has some unpaid medical bills that she actually thought were paid until recently. She has a 401k which is not very much through her employer. Will they take her 401k?

View more questions Search