Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mich69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 07:05 AM
    She won't leave
    My current housemate won't leave. We are not getting along and she refuses to sort out the issues, so I have asked her to leave. She is refusing to leave. I asked her to be out in a month, which is plenty of time. We are 4 people in the house, me and my boyfriend are on the lease. How do I get her out?

Thank you
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Sep 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Depending what state you live in laws are different. But first thing I would do is contact your landlord and ask what your rights are w/o her being on the lease. If u can't seem to get anywhere w/ur landlord, I would contact your local police dept and find out what you can do. Good Luck!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Hello mich:

You need to evict her according to your state landlord tenant laws. You can find a copy right here on our forum at the top in a sticky note. She is a tenant of yours. You are a tenant of your landlords. She is NOT your landlords tenant.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Do NOT contact your landlord. If the housemate is not on the lease, then your landlord has nothing to do with the situation. Contacting them might cause them to terminate your lease to get the headache off their backs.

Do you have any written agreement with the housemate? If not, she is a month to month tenant of YOURS. So you have to evict her according to your local rules.

Give her notice in writing and witnessed that she received it. If she refuses to be out by then, start formal eviction proceedings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

Family Members won't Leave [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriends brother, sister,kids,girlfriend an kids were homeless and me and my boyfriend let them stay a week and they're week has been up for a while well my boyfriends brother had mail sent there so now he says he lives there an nothing I can do about an I am scared to go to my landlord cause...

Lease up, roommate won't leave [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend has had a roommate since feb. The roommate won't pay on time ever for rent or utils. He is known to smoke crystal meth in the house etc etc The lease is up next month, she doesn't want he to renew with him, but he won't leave. The apt complex would not likely rent to him due to...

View more questions Search