Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenorems Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Addictions in children of addicts
    Can someone be addicted to control? I am thinking it might be a byproduct of being raised in a home with an addict and this is how it manifests in that person's life.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
    You might want to read up on co dependency and adult children of addicts.
    Often the oldest child feels forced to play mother at a very early age but often many are left feeling hopeless and helpless.

Codependency

Adult children of alcoholics and drug addicts; consequences of suppressed childhood memories; role alcoholic family

ADULT CHILDREN ANONYMOUS: THE PROBLEM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are ALL addictions bad? [ 11 Answers ]

I was just thinking about this when I replied to the "Oxycontin withdrawl" thread... My question is this, are addictions to Oxycontin, Methadone, etc... really THAT bad? I have a couple friends with totally different experiences, one has had a failed back surgery, and the other cancer....

Young HEROIN addicts. Homeless and with nothing. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend- who I have been friends with since I was almost 11 years. Let's call her JANE. Jane, who was married with a child (and very unhappy in her marriage with an older man), got a job (her very first one at the age of 21), and left her husband and daughter for a man younger than her...

Addictions [ 6 Answers ]

My 9 year old has mood changes, stealing problems, and sees things that are not there. He has trouble sleeping at night also. We have been to the dr. and he put him on pills for sleeping.oh he also has adhd and is on meds for that. The stealing is getting far worse. He is now stealing from the...

View more questions Search