Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 01:32 PM
    My sister committed suicide
    Yesterday my sister jumped off a transition ramp on a freeway interchange & killed herself. She was never quite the same when my other sister was murdered in 2003. She refused to seek mental help & saw & heard things that weren't their. I hope she's at peace now & with her sister. IF anyone is contemplating suicide please talk to someone unlike what my sister did. May she RIP.
    http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2011...-her-deat.html
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 01:37 PM

Your family have been through a horrible time, and yes, I agree, may she rest in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss, often even with intervention coping with a trauma is just more then some people can bear.

Aug 4, 2011, 01:47 PM

I now only have 2 siblings left (1 sis & 1 bro) & they live out of state. I do have some family here in ca but its distant between us. I just wish my sister would have sought help. What a terrible way to die. She actually fell 80 feet to her death & not 60 as reported. I wonder what she was thinking while going to the ground ? Three people did stop & try to talk to her but to no avail. What ashame.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 4, 2011, 02:00 PM
    I see that the woman who parked behind her looked in her car and saw two prescription bottles. This isn't proof that she did have a doctor's care, because she could have bought them off someone, but maybe you are wrong about that part? It might help you live with her memory if you can piece together her life in the last few years. I'm so sorry. I wonder if she felt in any way responsible for or tied in to her sister's murder. Can you see any connection there? This sort of thing would help me; forgive me if it isn't for you. There isn't much consolation in anything.

Aug 4, 2011, 02:40 PM

I don't know the full story yet but I did know she was under a doctors care. As far as my other sister she was best friends with her & has had trouble dealing with her death since day one. Last time I saw her was in June & it was brief. Life is tough for a lot of people & to some the only way out of it is death. My uncle killed himself many years ago so I'm no stranger to this.
    current pert

Aug 4, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Depression certainly can run in families. But if she was hallucinating too, that means she was more than just depressed. I hope you find out more.
    The murderer is still in jail awaiting trial, or did that finally happen?
    I don't know what it's like to have to wait so many years, although some murder cases take about 5 years or so, but I was wondering how it was that you were so totally devastated when he was already behind bars and not going anywhere? Did you really think he might get out, or were you just generally frustrated? It seems like a lot of heartache going nowhere, directed at judges and prosecutors and the press, but I'm not in a position to say. It's just that any of the rest of your family could suffer from depression and suicide too, if you allow this stuff to stew inside you in ways that ruin your ability to cope.

Aug 4, 2011, 06:10 PM

I was frustrated cause the trial was delayed over 20xs & it took over 7 yrs to finally come to end (trial took 4 months). The killer (age 26) was sentenced on sept 7th 2010 to 26 yrs to life. Hes eligible for parol in 2034. As far as my sister committing suicide according to the coroner she fell face first 80 feet below into bushes. She only scratched up her face & broke her coller bone & a few other bones. No broken spine. She died of a heart attack on the way down. I honestly don't know her full medical history. Also according to the 3 witnesses she didn't hestitate at all. She walked directly to the rail, got up on it & jumped to her death. This was her choice & she leaves behind 3 siblings, a son & a 2 yr old grandaughter. I just don't know what else to say except she will be creamated & her ashes spread over the pacific ocean just like my other sister.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 06:14 PM

I am sorry for your loss, yes sadly we can not force people to get the help they need.

Be sure to get counseling for yourself if you need it with so much loss.

Aug 5, 2011, 10:27 AM

For many people they feel taking their own lives is the only way out. I don't agree. I will get through this just like I did with my other my sisters murder over 8 yrs ago.. I will always wonder though why she chose to jump off the freeway some 20 or so miles from her her home.
    current pert

Aug 5, 2011, 12:12 PM
    I don't think of ending one's life as a terrible act. It's just too bad that it's almost always sad and lonely. (A few people such as those dying anyway get help from someone, or get a doctor to pull the plug or allow extra morphine.) I am of the mind that I am ready to go anytime. I have no qualms about saying it as long as no one slaps me in an ambulance. I've had a full life and that's all she wrote. I could go to Switzerland and pay $10,000 for someone to put me to sleep like a pet.
    Your sister was haunted by illness and grief she couldn't get through. I have a feeling she took some of the pills they found bottles for on her seat, drove until she felt them taking effect, and stopped at that spot. She must not have cased it out before or she would have noticed all the bushes that cushioned her fall. Or, maybe she did case it out and wanted a cushion, since jumping face first onto concrete isn't an image that rests easily on the brain. You'll never know and there's no point in dwelling on that. Since you prefer life, maybe next time you see a case drag on and on, contact the victim's family to offer support. And be there for that little 2 year old.

Aug 6, 2011, 08:12 AM

More people then what many think are depressed including teens & many choose to end their own lives. Its tragic & I hope that anyone who's reading this that is contemplating suicide to please talk to someone. There is help out their. I talked to a neighbor who's husband killed himself & her friend attempted suicide 4xs until he succeeded. For some once their mind is set nothing is going to stop them. What ashame.

Aug 10, 2011, 05:08 PM

Denise was a organ doner so her vital organs will be going to others in need. That's a nice thing to do & I plan to be a doner too. Its been 1 week now & the initial shock is over & the funeral & ceremony (ashes spread over the pacific ocean) will be in a few weeks or so. The toxology report hasn't come back yet. We will know more then.
    current pert

Aug 10, 2011, 06:04 PM
    We are still here and feeling for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She love me but she don't want to be committed [ 3 Answers ]

I love this girl she said she love me too, but when I ask her to be my girlfriend, she refuses. What will I do? We always hang out, and see each other. My girlfriend always goes out with her ex.

My sister was murdered made to look like suicide [ 9 Answers ]

My big sister was found shot in the head on April 24th 2008. She owned a restaurant in Texas and was found in the private restroom of that restaurant. It has been ruled a suicide by both the coroner and the police even though the testing for gun shot residue has not been read yet. The detective...

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

How to get someone committed that's over the age 21 [ 9 Answers ]

See my sister is societal and I am afraid that She'll hurt herself, she is always blaming her husband for steping out when he is at work. But he isn't and she thinks that the family is taking his side over hers. She says we don't love her and acts like everyone is out to get her.she commits on that...

View more questions Search