Can a lien be put on my house if I file bankruptcy? I only receive social security as income and a small,$69.56 monthly pension? A private lender (a prior acquaintance,not a financial institution) is threatening to place a lien against me(not my daughter),on my new home for a previous promissory note I had on her mobile home.I was financially forced to abandon the mobile which has been returned to her. I remodeled the home ($30,000 )and it is greatly improved and returned in great condition. The lien would be for past rent and utilities I was unable to pay. My daughter and I co-own my present home, and she is the primary on the loan. She is disabled and I am her caregiver.

Can she place a lien? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Would filing a Homestead declaration be advisable? Thank you.