Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cattlecamp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Ammonius smell in bedroom on top floor of the house
    Hi guys we have a two storey home, brick , colourbond roof. Strange smell coming form my daughters bedroom, smells like a sweet ammonia, I have removed all the furniture, cleaned the carpets, checked the ceiling space, as it is two story I can access one of the wall from down below where there is another roof space and no pests , bird, mice etc there, asked the builder what products he has used when we built it 2 years ago, this is the first time we have smelled it and here's the thing my other daughters bedroom is a mirror of this one, same everything even same hall way entrance. Side by side. So?? I can't work it out. My father died recently and the daughters bedroom that smells of the smell was the only grandchild that dreamed of him when he died and said goodbye, the smell started at a similar time... now I'm a big sceptic in this stuff... but when you are a practicable handyman that has 25years of working and can't recognise a smell there's something a miss here... I'm going to spray a weak eucalyptus mix around the room and see how that goes.. might just leave a bible in there a s well... lol... I have had windows open, fans blowing everything, but when you have and identical bedroom with the same sunlight exposeure ( faces North south my house) it has me at a loss, same A/C duct, eveything... so what do you reckon guys..?

Check out some similar questions!

What do I use to counteract the smell of rotting snake under floor of house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a snake rotting under my house floor - trapped and unable to get out. How do I counteract the smell. What can I spray / use to stop smell

I built a four bedroom house with four ensuites and a main bathroom there is a smell [ 2 Answers ]

My house is 18 months old and there is a smell of sewage all the time in the utility and in the main bathroom. There are 4 ensuites and only one soil pipe in the centre of the house. I want to know what can be causing this

Ground floor rads not heating top floor are fine [ 1 Answers ]

The ground floor rads do not heat up but the top floor rads are all working fine:

Horrible smell coming from house & bubbles in floor [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having this horrible sewage smell by the washer, coming through the heater vents , by the bathroom and it's starting to seep in every room. I have also noticed bubbles in the kitchen floor. I have had a few health problems in the past few months and the smell has gotten so strong daily...

Sour smell coming from the floor in a brand new house [ 4 Answers ]

We have a sour smell that seems to be coming from the floor in one of our rooms. Our house is barely one year old and has a cement slab foundation. I actually noticed it about one month ago and have searched, cleaned and scrubbed, but have been unable to get rid of it. Any idea what could be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.