Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenda Camardel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 05:55 AM
    GE Electric Slide In Oven Door Hinge repair or replace
    My oven door hinge is not functioning properly. When I open it the hinge does not open all the way and pulls on the door. Do I need to replace he hinge. You can see the metal pull on the door panel. The oven is 14 years old. Is is worth replacing the hinge or should we think about replacing the oven. Would the new ovens be more energy efficient?? What part is needed for the hinge?

Thanks

Brenda
    Raleigh NC
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Mioght need a hinge or just the springs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oven door repair [ 2 Answers ]

I removed an oven door to make cleaning easier. Now I cannot get it back on. It has 2 hook like catches on each side of the door and there are two bars that I can see to slide the hooks onto, but the hooks won't go far enough in to catch on the bars. Any suggestions or tricks to putting this...

Oven door repair [ 2 Answers ]

My oven door hinges are broken and the glass on the door has shatterd how do I repair it?:confused:

Reset door hinge tension? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently moved into my home and discovered the door going into the garage has self closing hinges. I need to know the procedure of how to reset the tension allowing the hinges to close the door?

Toro Electric Clutch Repair/Replace [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to determine if the eclectric clutch on my Toro walk behind needs to be replaced as once the blade power switch is moved to the on position the blades do not function. So far I put a test light on the wires that go to the clutch and it does light up when the blade switch is enaged, the...

Removing a self closing door hinge [ 2 Answers ]

I want to temporarily remove a self-closing door hinge (to install a dog door). Is there an easy way to do this without removing one half of the hinge from the door or jam (like removing the pins on standard hinges)? There are a couple of allen screws in the unit (one on top, one on the bottom of...

View more questions Search