Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Springford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 04:39 PM
    A strange smell in one room
    Hi, I have been bothered by a strange smell in one room in my house. I smelled it last summer and it went away during the winter. Now the whether is getting warm (80 degree outside) and I notice the smell again. Even in summer time, the smell does not always stay. Sometimes we smell it and sometimes we don’t. The room is on the second floor. Part of it is above the garage and the laundry room is right next to it. It’s a distinct smell and hard to describe. Sometimes I feel it smell like really strong detergent but with a really unpleasant smell. This has really bothered me and I have no idea where it comes from. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks a lot!
    bugsyandme Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Becareful it can be a fungus.. some fungus that grow can be dangerous. I think you should have some inspectors check what the smell is. For your own safety!
    pmed70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Have you ever had leaks from your washer any leaks in the roof??
    Unusual smells 9 out of 10 times are due to some sort of mold inside the walls. Or dead animals, but you have had the smell to long for the latter,that being said you should have someone test for mold, there are so many types of mold out there and with the increase in th ambient temp the smell will get worse, don't ignore it, it can get worse to the point of making family members sick, or worse making the home completely unihabitable. Not trying to scare you but mold and fungus can be very dangerous, I have seen homes torn down because it takes over.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Room makeover [ 1 Answers ]

I'm re-doing my room from it's childish girly state that it once was and doing it goth (its a choice ;)) and I have a lot of girly looking stuff still- jewlery boxes, flower/ funky stuff that I can't get rid of (I'm a pack rat type of gal). What should I do? Part with it all or what? I am doing my...

Painting my rec room, should I... [ 13 Answers ]

I'm having the casing going around the mid height of the room, some call it a chair stop? Anyway, it will be a 2 tone room, chocolate brown and an off white-beige kind of colour. I was going to put the dark colour on top and the light on the bottom... or is their a general rule of thimb to this...

4 Kids in 1 Room [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have a two bedroom house and we have 4 kids. The kids share one room and we have the other room. Is having 4 kids in one room against the law? We are in CA. Or, if it is not against the law, would it be looked down on if we have to go through a custody battle with one of our ex's?...

Can a guy use the ladies room? [ 27 Answers ]

In Santa Monica California, if a restaurant has marked ladies and mens rooms may a man use the ladies room if it is not occupied?

I want a chat room [ 7 Answers ]

We need some sort of chatroom on this site I think it would be cool

View more questions Search