Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheechnchula Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Water fountain?
    My cat demands the faucet to be turned on to a trikle so she can get a drink, she refuses to drink from any water dish. She will not quit meowing until I give in and do it. How do I break her from this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Your cat probably likes the flow of the water. Maybe you could use one of those small decorative water fountains. Other than that the only way I know is just give it a bowl of water and when it is thirsty enough it should give in and drink it.
    Attached Images

simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Most of my cats prefer the decorative fountain to their water bowl. They do prefer glass for a water dish. Their favorite is a gallon glass jug which used to contain pickles. I will get them a "cat fountain" soon because it comes with a filter. Cleaning my decorative fountain every few days is a pain. They complain to me that I take too long to clean it and they have to wait. Meow!
    BoomerPro Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2008, 03:00 PM
    We bought a flowing water dish for our dog and he drinks right form the fountain... he absolutely loves it... you can buy it at most pet stores or even Wal Mart had it, the water stays oxygenated and is flowing so your cat should like that enough
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I agree on the water fountain, but I'd also like to add that you will never break a cat of a habit if you give in to it! This requires you to be able to ignore her meowing.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 23, 2008, 07:50 PM
    I suspect this goes back to a cat's wild ancestors, when flowing water was less likely to cause disease than still, stagnant water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

GFCI Trips with newly spliced fountain pump [ 5 Answers ]

I am nearly exasperated trying to splice in a new fountain pump. Here's what I did: 1. bought a new pump (190gpm), cut the cord near its plug 2. threaded the power cord through the bottom of the fountain "tub" 3. spliced it to the power cord which runs under the rock patio to the gfci outlet....

Outdoor water fountain and christmas decoration not working [ 2 Answers ]

Out Door Fountain And Christmas Decoration Plugged In To Same Outlet With A Gfi, After Last Night Freezeing Temp Of 30 Degrees We Live In Clovis, Ca, Central Californnia, Near Fresno, My Husband Looked At All Gfi, In Our Home, Home Is 8 Years Old, 6gfi In Home, The Outside Outlet Is For...

Washing Machine water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do if the cold water is coming out of the handle of the spigot instead of the mouth when I hook up the washing machine hose and turn on the water? Older home has very narrow water line to the laundry area. Should probably install shut-off valves before the faucets too. Could...

The Fountain--opinions [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone here see this hyped up smörgåsbord of a film? If you haven't don't. It's a sequence of confusing short scenes which flip back and forth from future to past to present and back again so fast your head won't spin--it will literally unscrew itself from your shoulders. No sooner are you...

View more questions Search