Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that the average adult will catch between 2 and 4 colds every year.

By the time I got to middle school, I never got sick. I've had perfect attendance in school, and rarely ever so much as a cold. Now suddenly in the past year I've had to call out of work sick at least once a month.

This year, in summary (the dates are exact because I remember the events that happened surrounding each time I got sick):
  • Nothing before May really stuck out in my mind.
  • May 17 (last day of exams): My tonsils became infected. They swelled up so large that I could hardly breathe.
  • June 21 (went to Six Flags with the boyfriend): Flu symptoms. Fever, shivering, loss of appetite, vomiting
  • August 15 (first day of week-long vacation with family): Flu symptoms. Fever, shivering, loss of appetite, significantly more vomiting, weakness and aching in knees.
  • September/October, various colds and sniffles.
  • November, Thursday a week before Thanksgiving: A red rash appeared on my neck and shoulders.
  • November, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving: An ear infection. I was completely deaf in my left ear and partially deaf in my right ear for nearly two weeks.
  • December 23: Flu symptoms. Fever, shivering, loss of appetite, vomiting, sour/metallic taste in my mouth/excessive drooling*, pain and weakness in my knees, night sweats that drenched the bed.
  • January 4: Flu symptoms. Fever, shivering, decrease in appetite, one instance of vomiting, pain and weakness in my knees.

*My boyfriend says that the metallic taste was probably because I wasn't eating food and I was taking my meds on an empty stomach.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to stop? I could lose my job if I keep calling out of work too often. :cry: