Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2005, 01:34 PM
    Nightsweats
    There was an old thread on this, yet I didn't want to trail on the coattails of someone else. In case a different solution has come up since then.

Anyway, I am a 30 year old male. Yes you read that correctly, and I am having somewhat consistent Night sweats. My wife randomly jokes that I am suffering from menopause, yet its starting to bother me now.

My knowledge as to how long I've been dealing with this is unknown, yet I've had this since my wife started telling me about it. Who knows maybe she's the cause :p

As you can already tell I am somewhat of a smart-alec and sometimes crude in how I voice myself. Please forgive me if I come across sounding like this, I'll do my best in not trying to sound like a snot.

Yet back to what I started with. Its not something that happens every night. It can be every night, every other night, and sometimes I go month's without an episode.

I've spoken to my doctor for fear of tuberculosis. I am a TB converter, meaning I have been exposed to it yet I took the meds for 7 months and its dormant. At least I hope so. Yet the doctor's say if I was active with TB I would be showing at least 3 signs, and not just one.

So far I have tried keeping the windows open, and the room down to 60 degrees if not colder, and I can still find myself is a rather good size puddle of sweat.

If I could make the room colder I would, yet the wife would complain about it. Wife says I put off a lot of excessive body heat. Which makes her happy when crawlin into a cold bed, yet not too happy when I get shoved to the corner of the bed because its soaked in sweat.

Worklife I am currently enlisted in the U.S. Navy. I've served 12 years thus far, and plan on doing the remaining 8 for retirement.

Homelife, married for 5 years and have twin 5 month old girls.

Any info as to what I can do to resolve this is Highly appreciated.
    staceyd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2005, 11:02 AM
    Have you talked with a doctor about hormone imbalance? I know you're a man, but men have hormones too. :) Because we live in such a chemically polluted world, everyone's hormones can be affected. You might want to check out www.johnleemd.com to educate yourself on all the issues.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2005, 06:26 AM
    Sweats
    Hi,
    Age has nothing to do with sweats.
    Have you seen a doctor? Have you had a blood sample taken for thyroid gland readings?
    If the reading on the thyroid gland are low, this will cause sweats, in both men and women.
    See a doctor. The prescription drug, Levoxyl, is inexpensive, and used to treat low readings. This might not be the cause, but is worth checking into.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nightsweats [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have a problem; at night, I tend to get nightsweats. Sometimes it is not too bad, and sometimes it is very severe (last night I woke up shivering and I had to towel off; the bed was soaking wet with sweat!) This started a few years ago when I was in a very depressed part of my life, and it...

View more questions Search