Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loosa12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Scared still
    So how long does it take before they issue out the warrant, because this incident just happened a day ago and I can't sleep at all knowing the cops may be right outside my door. I knew I shouldn't have left the scene. I'm sooo stupid.. and I have insurance to cover the other drivers vehicle.. I was to scared so I fled and he chased me and I'm 95% sure he has my license plate number.. I told myself I was never going to have any felonys or misdemeanors...

So you guys are saying if I go to the police and report the accident, I will have a ticket and I won't go to jail?. but what about the man who I hit.. will I still have to pay for his car or what's going to happen with him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Of course your insurance will have to pay for this mans car, which is the legal and the moral thing to happen.

What if he only has liablity coverage, so since it is your fault, his insurance will not fix his car, he now does not have a car to get to work, he loses his job, and so on.

On a warrant, they have to investigate, it can take up to 2 to 3 weeks to get a warrant issued, and often on non serious warrants, they may take months to search and find out.

Just think also if they come in while you are working and haul you out in handcuffs.

The longer you wait, the worst the judge will think of it, turning yourself in, now will save you more heartache than you will ever imanage.

If you have the money, hire an attorney to make the arrangements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So scared [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Can someone out there lend me a hand? Im going through huge upheaval at the moment. I feel like Im losing everything that matters to me. What is going on? Will I find the right man for me? Will I ever have kids? Im so tired and hate waking up in the morning, only to feel...

Alone and scared [ 10 Answers ]

I really need some advice, I don't know who to ask anymore. I am ten weeks pregnant, I am only 17 and my boyfriend is 19, we have been together for two years and had a fantsatic relationship, this has come as a huge shock to the both of us as we definatley weren't planning it to happen. When we...

Scared [ 14 Answers ]

I have this probem for years, if I meet someone and this person liked me and want to go out with me I give them my phone # to get to know them but then I got scared that if I go out with them they are not going to like me like they did when I met them by accident so I creat execused to not to see...

I'm Scared. [ 5 Answers ]

I am scared I took a pregnancy test and it tested positive and I have signs of being pregnant but I also get theses signs when I have my period. But I am also getting cramps similar to my period cramps. I went to my Doctor and told him I was late but he said to wait because my period is irregular...

I'm scared [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to skip your period everyonce in awhile??

View more questions Search