Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eve 1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Bad odor
    We've been living in this house for about three months now. There is a bad odor that fills the air in all 3 apartments and even outside the house occasionally. It seems like this happens when someone uses the bathroom in one of the apartments. What could be the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve 1
    We've been living in this house for about three months now. There is a bad odor that fills the air in all 3 apartments and even outside the house occasionally. It seems like this happens when someone uses the bathroom in one of the apartments. What could be the problem?
    This could be a ruptured wax seal. It's possible for the wax seal to hold water but nhot contain the sewer gas. Have it checked. Good luck, Tom
    fleethigh1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 10:28 AM
    It can also be a cracked vent pipe.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 01:03 PM
    2X for wax seal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BAD odor in house and garage [ 3 Answers ]

I have owned my house for about a year now and there has been a dead animal smell off and on during this time. The first time it went away I was relieved thinking it was over, however several weeks later it was back. I cannot find a leak, a dead animal or any clue to the problem. I know there is...

Bad sewer odor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad sewer odor in my master bath.I notice the smell more when the heat is turned on, which is located next to the toilet! But I also smell it coming from the tub and shower drain's. I turn the water on once a day to make sure there's water in the trap's?Any suggestion's.

Bad odor and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 2 years now. Everything has been great with it, I just got off my period last Thursday and ever since I got off it I've had brownish discharge and a really bad smell. Could someone please tell me what this means. Id rather ask here then call my doctor first.

Bad odor [ 1 Answers ]

Help I have a bad odor coming in from the pipe that leads to my sump pump well. Also mud is coming in the same way. I live in a 4 unit townhouse that all share the same drain tile. Don't know if that helps. Thanks in advance birdman60

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

View more questions Search